Stainless Steel Tubing

Started by Fat Cat, March 18, 2004, 05:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I am looking for some 1" OD Stainless tubing with a wall thickness of at least .065". I need 2 pieces 36" long. I am not above having it shipped. I found some at Mcmaster-Carr but I was wondering if anyone had some places with a better deal or a wall thickness more like .090".

Dave

Hummm wat ya making ? Ive got a bunch of stainless tubing at work. They gave it to me. I used it for 4 bars on rear of the 30. I cant remember what the od is or the wall thickness. but the id will take a 3/4 fine thread. They worked great on the 30. Ill check the od tomorrow..
Its free and if you want we could meet some place. I think also they are 5 ft lengths. Any way fore we get too crazy ill check it out and post or email ya tomorrow after i get home. If it will work you will probably have to meet me cause im sure ill only let  ya have at least 2 of em But if it helps ill cut the lengths ya need at work..
Dave :lol:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "N8DC"Hummm wat ya making ? Ive got a bunch of stainless tubing at work. They gave it to me. I used it for 4 bars on rear of the 30. I cant remember what the od is or the wall thickness. but the id will take a 3/4 fine thread. They worked great on the 30. Ill check the od tomorrow..
Its free and if you want we could meet some place. I think also they are 5 ft lengths. Any way fore we get too crazy ill check it out and post or email ya tomorrow after i get home. If it will work you will probably have to meet me cause im sure ill only let  ya have at least 2 of em But if it helps ill cut the lengths ya need at work..
Dave :lol:

I am building a set of forks for a bicycle. The headset I have was setup for 1" OD tube and really can't be opend up. If it is a little smaller than 1" I could make it work but I wouldn't like to use 3/4" for forks.

Dave

Otay ill check it tomorrow. Its tuff stuff too should work fine..
Dave  :D

Mac

Try these guys. www.vertexnow.com
They're in Delaware and sell tubing and elbows of all sizes on ebay. I haven't done any business with them yet but the prices are sharp and their feedback looks good.

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?

Ed ke6bnl

Quote from: "Mac (54Jag)"Try these guys. www.vertexnow.com
They're in Delaware and sell tubing and elbows of all sizes on ebay. I haven't done any business with them yet but the prices are sharp and their feedback looks good.

Mac

Can also try industrialmetals they have a web site and ship in small quatitiies. located in Sun Valley Calif.  I stop over there regularly on my way home from work Ed ke6bnl
http://www.capitolmetals.com/
8300 San Fernando Rd.
Sun Valley, CA 91352

818-729-3333
323-849-3184
310-204-2449
818-729-3334 fax
OPEN MONDAY - FRIDAY  
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SATURDAY
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Over 140,000 square feet....Warehouse and Retail Center. Serving Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties.
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

Mac

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=vertexnow&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

...is vertexnow's seller list on ebay. Dutch auctions sold by the foot.

I saw 1" described as coolant tubing 316L, .065 wall $4.00 / ft.

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?

Dave

Frank the stuff ive got is 7/8 od .090 wall sorry i didnt get back with u last nite. Watched monster garage then the nascar show then barret jackson from fla. Was being lazy and didnt even turn the puker on..............
Dave

Fat Cat

Quote from: "N8DC"Frank the stuff ive got is 7/8 od .090 wall sorry i didnt get back with u last nite. Watched monster garage then the nascar show then barret jackson from fla. Was being lazy and didnt even turn the puker on..............
Dave

I could make that work. Most of the stuff I have been looking at is 1" OD .065 wall. So the thicker wall would make up for the reduced diameter. Let me think about it and I will get back to you.

Luke Bruheim

Home depot or menards or ??? whatever ...usually sells grab bars for your bathroom that are around 1" and are heavy walled. lots of different legnths and stuff too...... LUKE