Anyone live close to me???

Started by Broman, March 20, 2004, 12:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broman

I am just wondering, I don't need anything. I just thought I'd ask if there was anyone from this board that I might possibly run into live and in person. I live in Muscatine, Iowa. It's about 20 min south of the Quad Cities. I usually make it to a handful of the shows/swaps in and around that area. I also get to the bigger swaps in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City as well.  

I have never met anyone on the HAMB that even lives close to me so I am not getting my hopes up. I have met a handful of folks from the HAMB at the Hunnert Car Pile-up but that's it. I never got to meet Denise, which is a shame. She is so helpful and fun-loving. I wish I'd stayed at the hotel with the rest of the gang. Maybe next time. That is if I can get this * over-heating beast to calm down * straight eights...).

58 Yeoman

Broman, have you tried Kanter.com ?  I live about an hour east of the QC, but haven't been going to any shows in that direction; mostly just the local shows, when I DO go.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

Broman I'm in Des Moines and a whole group of us met last year at the Goodguys Heartland Nationals.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

moparrodder

Quote from: "Broman"I am just wondering, I don't need anything. I just thought I'd ask if there was anyone from this board that I might possibly run into live and in person. I live in Muscatine, Iowa.
Hey Broman!!  How's it going on the east side?  I live on the west side in Dunlap, there are a couple more on this side here and some around Sioux City.  As Jaybee said we meet at the Heartland Nationals in Des Moines in July, maybe we can get together then.  I'm going to plan a gettogether on Saturday the 24th of July here in Dunlap for my birthday, I hit the ole dreaded 50 this year, nothing real fancy, just a good ole BBQ and get together with roddin friends, maybe a cruz through the Loess Hills or something, so consider this an invite. I'll keep ya posted as that time gets closer.  And yes ya gotta meet Denise, I'll give you a little teaser about here,  she makes the best cookies on the cruzin circut, man my mouth is waterin just thinking about them!!  It's good to see another rodder from the ole corn patch here  :D  so we'll keep in touch!!  Catch ya later!!  Bill   8)

Broman

Cool,

I usually make it to the GG show. I will have to check and see if I can make it this year too. Last year it fell on July 4th. That's bad for me. I am a sign builder and the 4th is a busy time for me. When I go to parades I get to sit there and say, I did that truck.....I did the banner on that float.....I did that car.....and that van.....ohh there's another one of mine.....and so on.

So basically I can't get away from here unless it falls after the 4th.

The last one I went to was two years ago (2002) when it was a really nice day (sunny/hot) then after about 4:00pm it all turned to * and it rained buckets. We sat in the Buick and watched the water level come dangerously close to letting itself into some really nice 32 Fords in the homebuilt section. EEEK  :shock:

I went to the GG's every year from 1999 - 2002, but that was the last time I have gone. In fact I bought my Buick there in 2001. Maybe this year I will go so I can meet you guys.

Well at least there are a couple of you guys out there. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. Those * guys from Cali get to see each other every weekend - the bastards.