Welding equipment

Started by TKD_Master38, December 20, 2005, 05:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKD_Master38

Hi Gang,

Just wanted some advise on welding equipment most appropriate for car crafting.  Plasma cutter, IG or Mig??  or all three??

I have gotten some serious advice from a couple of experienced friends that is diametrically opposed  :-)

What do you think of HTP products or inverters in general??

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

We do plenty of welding at the torque converter place I call work.

All migs are Miller

All tigs are Lincoln.  We took a beating on the last tig purchase and some break downs just outside the warranty time limit. I was told : " there will NEVER be another Lincoln machine bought".

Time will tel.

I have a Miller 210 mig, 240 volt , welds great!  

I have a Lincoln mig 120 volt machine for 10 yrs... welds great.

I have a Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 38 plasma machine 120 volt. Cuts great.  You need a minimum of a 20 amp circuit to cut above 1/2 power setting. At full power the machine will trip a 20 breaker after a few minutes of use

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I have a Snapon YA212A mig, and a Lincoln SP135 110 volt mig, A Century 250 amp AC/DC stick welder, a Solar Plasma cutter,and an Esab TIG. Happy with all of them so far.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

i have a dynasty 200dx TIG, a millermatic 90 MIG, and a spectrum 300 plasma, all MILLER. happy with them all. i'm in the market for a bigger MIG unit prolly go with the MILLER 210 or 251. i also want an oxy/acetylene set up and will prolly go with SMITH on that, for their lifetime warrantee.

in answer to the first part of your question if i could afford to get all three i'd get all three (see above). only two i'd get TIG and plasma, only one i'd get TIG. TIG because it can weld anything a MIG can (just slower) and a lot more. if you find your self needing to weld thicker then the TIG can do you can change leads and stick weld with the TIG power unit.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.