Who are you buying from?

Started by enjenjo, November 30, 2005, 04:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have had good luck with many of the same vendors mentioned above.I will add a couple to the list....Heinzman Rod Shop,John is a super guy and will help with accurate advice,good prices and prompt service.For steel wheels I use Early Wheel Company....Again,Pete provides a great product at a fair price with courteous service and prompt shipping.I also buy my trim rings and caps from him.Diamond back is my choice for www tires...they will build you a set of white walls from any tire on the market...not cheap but they have been satisfying me for years.I just had them do a set of BFG Radial TA's for the 36 and they look awesome!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

reborn55

Haven't ahd to buy too much for myself this year but have used NAPA, Summit, yearwood and CCI

rumrumm

Juliano's-excellent
Heidts--excellent
Yogi's--excellent
Summit--excellent
CarQuest (local)--excellent.
Randy's Ring and Pinion--excellent
Bill's Hot Rods--excellent
Centech--excellent

Having built a rod before, I know who I like to do business with and the standard of their service is still the best.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

348tripower

Yogis
Summit
Jegs
Vintage Air
Hot Rod Air
Southern Rods(only on stock items)
Lane Automotive/ Motor State Distributing (We get jobber from this one)
Macs
Julianos
Tire Rack.com
Wills Wheels.com (great American Racing prices free shipping)
Yesteryear Ford Parts (He is in Mason Michigan and has a pretty inventory)
Don Colliau

beatnik

I've been ordering up a bunch of stuff lately, and all these places have been great about ordering online, shipping and saying if something was back ordered and when it was expected:

Streamline Hot Rod Parts
RJay's Speed Shop
Snyder's Antique Auto Parts
Savage Speed Garage
Adams Hot Rod Rubber
Radir Wheels (some backorders but honest about when expected)
Early Wheel Company
Total Performance
Speedway Motors
Summit
Jegs
Rock Auto

Mooneyes, Wheel Vintiques and Coker where good on their products but freaking terrible about back orders and dates.

I still need some mult-carb linkage setups, but after hearing stories about a couple of suppliers, I'm not really sure where to go for those parts, or if I should just order ahead of time and wait it out. I may have to start fabricating things on my own.

Gus
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Nick32Vic

Ive been buying from

Wirths Custom Auto
Very nice people and cool products.
http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/about_01.htm

Ozark Ford

Speedway Motors
Besides the people who answer the phones at speedway being mean to me all the time I have had good success with them. I met Speedy Bill about a 18 months ago and he was real nice to me.

Summit
Great Online Ordering and Fast Shipping

Nick[/url]

SKR8PN

The one that I have to put at the very top of the customer service list is Lokar.  You won't find a nicer bunch of folks to deal with. I had them make a custom cruise control cable for my truck. I sent them the cruise unit,with the cable housing marked where I needed it cut,and a firewall connector installed. They not only did it EXACTLY as I requested,but they also sent it back to me with a spare cable,some connectors,and a bill balance of ZERO. Not even a shipping charge on it!
Art Morrison gets very high kudos as well. I have never had a problem with ANYTHING I have ordered from them,and that includes a LOT of custom built stuff . I have always had my questions answered,and have been treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.
Jegs gets my vote for #3 as I have had a couple of bad experiences with Summit. Specialty Power Windows is a very nice company to work with as well as Yogi's.
Master Power Brakes always seems to have an attitude whenever I have called them.........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

nzsimon

I have had great service from Boyds wheels , Yogis used to send via usps but won't now and ups is too expensive to New Zealand but their service was good
The guy from Streamline tried to rip me off so I will never ever use them again
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

ponchoguy

have used summit,eastwood,yearone,danchuk,and classic chevy with very good luck.
called classic auto parts for some door wire looms,needed the 1/2" ones,they said they would call me back after calling their supplier and never did. this was going to be a first time ordering but will not order from them now.

Topsterguy

When building my 32 coupe over the last 18 months I bought a LOT of parts, including a LOT of Pete and Jakes , from RJAY's in Cuba Missouri. He's probably the best overall dealer I've run across in a long time. No hold ups, free shipping on orders over $500, but even on some lesser ones, and no hassles on returns of wrong parts if you get them. I'd reccommend them bigtime! :D
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Skip

DelCity
Year One
Centech
Rhode Island Wiring
Snap-On (tool truck)
Mac Tools (Tool Truck)
Cornwell Tools (Tool Truck)
Speedway
Summit (when I need the, occasional, racer-boy stuff)
Vintage Speed
the Tool Warehouse
Crutchfield
Lawson Products
B&H Photo
Macs Antique Auto Parts (Lockport, NY)
Sherman Associates
MSC Industrial Supply
Metalflake Corp
Comp USA

All on my "recommend" list
Skip