relay question

Started by sirstude, December 12, 2005, 03:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I am looking for a relay that might not be made.  I want a DPDT that both terminals are NC.  This is for the air suspension, and the rocker switches I have are not very big and I am not sure they will handle the hit of the solenoids.  Just trying to not have 8 relays, just would like to have 4.  Also, where is anyone getting their relays from?  I picked up a couple at the Long Beach swap meet last year when I was there, but that is kind of a long drive just to pick up relays.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Try here
http://www.newark.com/
they may have what you need, in any case they have good pricing.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "sirstude"I am looking for a relay that might not be made.  I want a DPDT that both terminals are NC.

You've got me confused!

A DPDT relay will have 8 terminals.

2 terminals energize the relay coil.

EACH pole has a terminal for a N.C. contact, and another terminal for a N.O. contact.  There is also a "common" terminal for each pole. (That's 3 terminals per pole.)

SO, every DPDT relay has TWO sets of Normally Closed contacts.

I assume you want a 12vdc relay coil.  

These relays are not usually found in an auto parts store, but are readily available in industrial or electronic supply houses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

MrMopar64

Quote from: "sirstude"I am looking for a relay that might not be made.  I want a DPDT that both terminals are NC.  This is for the air suspension, and the rocker switches I have are not very big and I am not sure they will handle the hit of the solenoids.  Just trying to not have 8 relays, just would like to have 4.  Also, where is anyone getting their relays from?  I picked up a couple at the Long Beach swap meet last year when I was there, but that is kind of a long drive just to pick up relays.

Doug

I get mine here...... http://www.orvac.com/contact.html
The 40 amp SPDT run about 4 to 5 bucks. You can also buy the molded plug that fits them for about 2 bucks they come apart so you can put in what ever size wire you want to run......
I just went to there main page but it looks like they are redoing it but the link I put here will take you to their contact page.......
I live close by so if you need me to go check something out for you just let me know

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol: