Funny noise ?

Started by Dave, November 14, 2004, 08:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hummm.. I guess I gotta pull the front wheels on the malibu today . When you hit the brakes if makes a noise like caliper mounts need to be lubed so the caliper will slide better.  Ill let you all know what i find out but I do know that these things are brake eaters cause they (GM) under braked em. I really think the pads are about shot and the pistons in the calipers are about at full extension creating the funny noise. And thanks but they arent hitting metal to metal I know that sound...
Dave

nomobux

Quote from: "N8DC"Hummm.. I guess I gotta pull the front wheels on the malibu today . When you hit the brakes if makes a noise like caliper mounts need to be lubed so the caliper will slide better.  Ill let you all know what i find out but I do know that these things are brake eaters cause they (GM) under braked em. I really think the pads are about shot and the pistons in the calipers are about at full extension creating the funny noise. And thanks but they arent hitting metal to metal I know that sound...
Dave
:b-d:  \" I GOTTS NOMOBUX \" :b-d:

nomobux

Too early .. wrong button again. Dave .. ya sure it's not a tattle tale squeakin, tellin ya it's time for pads

Dave

Quote from: "nomobux"Too early .. wrong button again. Dave .. ya sure it's not a tattle tale squeakin, tellin ya it's time for pads

Yup im sure. I just put it back together. The funny thing is it does it standing still just depressing the pedal. So heres what i did. Looked at the pads.. all ok there. knocked the dust of everything and applied a little anti sieze to the pads where they contact the brake mount. Seems to be quiet now and im headed for a ride to the car wash to test it out.  I cant seem to get sue to wash the dam thing so ill do it my self  :lol:  I got time. no car to work on at least nuttin that needs to be done right now and no bow hunting till about 3 pm.... Oh ya after that there is a nite fore the opening of gun season party that I just cant miss
Dave :?:  :b-d:

nomobux

3 PM ??? That's happy hour time !!

nomobux

Forgot to ask .. any chg's planned for the coupe this winter ? Curios minds want to know.

Dave

Quote from: "nomobux"Forgot to ask .. any chg's planned for the coupe this winter ? Curios minds want to know.

Just changing to chrome engine pulleys. Fix the leaky rear axle seal I hope and ive got to change out the rear shoes cause they got oil soaked. I just got back from the car wash and the noise is back. Just sitting still the whole front makes a kinda creaking sound when you hit the brakes. Im betting its just the  pads and calipers moving around but i cant seem to get it to stop making the noise. The car only has 37k on it and everything else is plenty tight. Heck with it just drive it till it breaks............ :wink:
Dave
ps: I am toying with the idea of a power booster on the brake system but ill make that decision after i get the leak fixed and new shoes and see how it stops

nomobux

I think you'll like the booster. Didn't have it on the 31 PU, love it on the 32 w/wilwood 4 whl disc. My Dakota has intermitant brake noise as does my wifes Neon grocery getter, but Ive heard it's a Dodge thing. Good luck on gettin Bambi !