Christmas Parades

Started by alchevy, December 05, 2005, 10:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Saturday, the weather was in the 70's and I drove the '40 in two parades. One was in Clinton, MS and the other one was in Vicksburg. I got a couple of my friends to follow me back to Vicksburg after the first parade. So we go cruising down the interstate: my '40 Chevy, a '39 Chevy, a '36 Plymouth, a '40 Ford Pickup, and another '40 Chevy. We get to the Cracker Barrell about 30 minutes later and the guy in the '39 Chevy looses his brakes just as we are into the parking lot. He got it stopped with no harm done. Then we get out the tools and see what the problem was. Finally found that the brake pedal had come aloose from the rod. Got that put back together and he had brakes again. I had to take something by the house, so I told them I would meet them in town. When I got back to meet them, the same '39 Chevy was running hot, so they added some fluid to the radiator and decided to try for home...can't do a parade with a car running hot. I went to the next parade and made it through it fine. Had to climb a hill when leaving the parade and the float in front of me decided to stop on the hill to unload the people on it. But my temp only went up to 190 as I was sitting there....waiting......waiting. My new Walker radiator did well. Finally got up the hill to a parking lot to take the decorations off of my car and sitting level again, the temp went back down to 170. Then headed on to a cruise night. That's where I found out that one of the guy's cars ran hot during the parade and he had to leave the parade early. He got back going after taking the decorations off of his car and the temp went back down and was fine.

Woke up this moring to temps in the 30's with a high today of 46. Low tonight of 28.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

I've never done a Christmas parade with any of my cars.  I think I'll call the city and see who organizes ours and offer Big Olds for next year.  Sounds like alotta fun.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.