Peerless Project

Started by TKD_Master38, December 15, 2005, 02:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKD_Master38

Hey Gang,

I have not posted lately, been carrying a major number of hours at the local Community College and maintaining my 4.0+ average, so been busier than a one-arm paper hanger with the crabs..  :-)

Just acquired a couple of goodies.  A 1926 Peerless with complete original running gear and engine  (V8* and a roadster that was supposed to be a t bucket but has a 1917 Overland raodster body complete with winshield post and frames.  Roadster builder did a nice job of construction but welded a complete MII front end on it and it is Fugly!

Peerless is all there with the exception that some time in its past some one cut out the back portion of the body and built a stake bedd and then brought the body end cap forward and kind of bolted it all together.

My ideas???  Make two of the Peerless.  Barney Oldfield set some sort of record in a Peerless race car with a speedster sort of bady eons ago at Daytona.  I think that it would be cool to use all the orginal engine and frame and running gear and build something of a non exact replica of that car.  Then use modern running gear and build a fantatic street rod of the body.  My thoughts are rather than try and find rear doors, and recontruct the body, I would use van sheet metal of the appropriate size and build a Sedan Delivery.  Alternative, would be to build a partial wooden body from the doors back and use the original body cap on the rear.

This thing is fairly large, they were considere dluxury cars at the time so it would possible to use a light pickup chasis for running gear.  Engine compartment would host a big block, my preference would be a 500 cid Cadillac since I have a couple and the original V8 resembles the flathead Cad.

Sorry for the extensive rambling, but......

Comments, advise, slings and  arrows anyone?

Bruce

rumrumm

Can you post  a photo so we can see what you have?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Peerless is a big car, you could probably use a pickup frame no problem. What do you want to do for wheelbase?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.