What a week at work

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 02, 2005, 11:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

In the photo is a 2005 4L60E vette tranny.  Shipped in from new york, damaged in shipping.  Broken bell housing, bent mount studs at the rear of it. Case is damaged where the studs thread in.

IF you ship something heavy  like this bolt it to a pallet. Box it in, strap in down several different ways with strong bolts and straps!!!

NEXT: I am amazed at what people try to put over on us........

one fellow gripes about his 4L60E:

the tranny slips when stopping and on take off. NOPE , the suspension is soft and shocks are allowing excessive body shifting at stops and starts.

The tires will not get traction when accelerating hard ( true complaint).... 5.3 Silverado with super charger. Tires go up in smoke.  Our fault?  :lol:

Next fellow tries putting 'stuff' over on us with a power glide:

he was telling us: " you will fix this tranny today, and it will be free because you guys F'd it up from the start!"

he was asked " what name is the receipt under? ...( they never have proof of the purchase")

After he finally gives us the correct name the history of the tranny is brought up on the computer.  We did not build it, we fixed his tranny after he and another shop built it and it did NOT work.

He says he will be back monday to talk to the sales manager..  :lol:

I am just venting / rambling on...

I'll get off the soap box
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

If we had an unlimited supply of money,we wouldn't have to work. But, this gives us *' rights. Does make for long days though.
TEAM SMART

Uncle Bob

Funny thing is, the jokers that try to pull those stunts are the same ones who scream like a gut shot panther if someone turns the tables on them.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

GPster

Be gratefull you could SEE through all this stuff. Nice reading.  GPster

EMSjunkie

People are amazing  :shock:

they think you are stupid  :x

my favorite is " I only had two beers"

as I am prying them out of their mangled 4x4  :roll:

but that's what makes the job soooo interesting  :(D)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

SDawgz

They are everywhere. I did a coworker a favor and rebuilt his wife's Nissan tranny, for the cost of parts. Being electronically controlled I advised him to have a transmission shop run a diagnostic program on it before he removed the tranny, might just be a valve. Brought me the transmission saying he had the check run. I rebuilt it, he installed it and everything was fine for about a year. He comes back wanting me to fix it  because it will not shift into 4th. I recommend a diagnostic check first. and he wants me to recommend a shop, told him to take it to the same shop that did it the first time, no such shop, never had it checked. We discussed why I did not have a diagnostic tool, too darned expensive for a hobbyist. A couple months later he comes by and wants to know when I am getting that tool to fix his car, I showed him the Snap-On catalog with the $4000.00 tool he wants me to buy to fix his car and ask for a donation. His wife is probably still driving without 4th gear. I saved the guy about $1200 on the rebuild but he is too cheap to spend $60 for a test. Once bitten twice shy.   Shawn