Y-Block Valve Covers

Started by Grandadeo, November 28, 2005, 01:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

I've seen lots of Oldsmobile valve covers put over small block chevy valve covers.  Has anyone done or seen Y-block fords on a small block Ford?  I don't have any Y-block covers to try a fit up.  Not sure of the overall inside measurements on the Y-Block covers.  Thanks.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

MrMopar64

Hey Lee
Did you get the PM I sent you

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Grandadeo

Randy, Got your PM and thanks for the information.  Passed it on to the '59 Rambler owner.

As far as Y-Block valve covers on a small block ford cover.  Oh Never mind.  I found both today at the body shop where my panel is.  The small block ford is abount 1/2" to long to fit inside the Y-Block cover.  Of course it was an aluminum T Bird cover but I still don't think a tin 312 cover would clear.  Maybe a 352, 390 cover will work.  What I'm trying to come up with is "Mercury" logo valve covers for the 289 - 302 small block ford engine  Did Mercury ever put out a small block valve cover with their name on it? If so what year.  Thanks again.

Lee

river1

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Randy, Got your PM and thanks for the information.  Passed it on to the '59 Rambler owner.

As far as Y-Block valve covers on a small block ford cover.  Oh Never mind.  I found both today at the body shop where my panel is.  The small block ford is abount 1/2" to long to fit inside the Y-Block cover.  Of course it was an aluminum T Bird cover but I still don't think a tin 312 cover would clear.  Maybe a 352, 390 cover will work.  What I'm trying to come up with is "Mercury" logo valve covers for the 289 - 302 small block ford engine  Did Mercury ever put out a small block valve cover with their name on it? If so what year.  Thanks again.

Lee

mercury cougars and comets had 302s in them. here is a pic of a cougar valve cover. i think a cougar at least it does have mercury on it.

http://www.automobile-portal.com/PhotoGallery/Fotos/MercuryColonyPark07.jpg

hope it helps jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Grandadeo

Jim, that cover in the picture is the Mercury Y-Block cover I was thinking of putting over the top of the stock ford tin 289 valve covers.  But so far it looks like they are to short (length wise).  But I haven't given up yet.  Thanks for the picture.

Lee

MrMopar64

If they are just going to be covers how bout getting 3 and splicing one end on each cover to make them long enough using a 3rd cover gives you only one weld per cover........ just a thought  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol: