brakes for my 48? part 2

Started by river1, November 23, 2005, 01:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "GPster"do you still have the oil filter canister off the 235 laying around? I've revamped the plumbing for the trans-cooler on my truck and put it all out front where I would have some room to put a filter on it. That would give me something with a removable eliment. GPster

yes i have the canister still. i have the engine tucked in a corner with a bunch of stuff around it so it'll be a while til i get to it but when i get to it it's yours. do you have a timetable for needing it, i seem to workbetter under pressure.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"If I were going to try this, I would use the original front hubs, and adapt a rotor to them. Rotors from a late mosel car, that slip over the hub could be adapted to the original hubs, with a caliper bracket suited to the rotor diameter. Now as to the rotor, Geo Tracker has the right bolt pattern, but I don't know about diameter. But there are several others that could be redrilled if need be. I think you could probably go as big as 11" and still fit everything into a 15" F100 rim.

i did some searching last night seems the 4 door tracker had a 11.37" ventalated disc. i'll see if i can't scare one up to check fit. if it looks goo i'll go to the next step finding a caliper.

thanks ALL for the input keep it coming.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.