Transmission speedo adapters

Started by oddjob, November 22, 2005, 10:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddjob

Hi All
Been busy helping a friend with his 37 ford hump back it was a 60sa drag car and all modification was done with a smoke wrench we changed the cross member to a chassi engineering ,the problem is it,sa a four speed car chevy 327 with a m22 trans the cable speedo worked but with an electric speedo there is no room for the pulse gereator to fit between the linkage we need a flexible shaft or an extension where we can make a hole through the cross member and mount the * generator on the out side of the cross member any ideas  Russ
Dodge Ram Tuff With Ford And Chevy Stuff

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "oddjob"Hi All
Been busy helping a friend with his 37 ford hump back it was a 60sa drag car and all modification was done with a smoke wrench we changed the cross member to a chassi engineering ,the problem is it,sa a four speed car chevy 327 with a m22 trans the cable speedo worked but with an electric speedo there is no room for the pulse gereator to fit between the linkage we need a flexible shaft or an extension where we can make a hole through the cross member and mount the ##### generator on the out side of the cross member any ideas  Russ

I have had good luck with these people.  http://www.speedometershop.com/  You might give them a call.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

You can get a short cable through a NAPA dealer. It's listed in the book for a Ford, but will work on a GM trans. I'm not where I can check the books right now, or I'd get the number for you.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.