Made some more progress today

Started by donsrods, February 26, 2006, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parklane

Quote from: "donsrods"OH, BY THE WAY.....while we were at Home Depot, there were these guys loading wooden fence sections onto the roof of their van.  I had to walk up and take a picture, because it was so funny. We were taking bets how far they would get before the load fell off or crushed the roof in.

When we left, they were still stacking more sections on top. I wanted to stick around and see the fun, but had to go work on the car.

Here is the picture.

Don

Don.....................if you see those guys again, tell them I have some post holes for sale.....cheap, and cheaper if they get a truck load at a time.   :lol:  :lol:

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

donsrods

Judging from what they were trying to do, I think they would buy these holes from you.

What was also funny was the guy on the roof. Everytime his buddys would hand up another section he would pull it in place, and step on the front roof section of the truck, almost falling off the front each time. Some guy who was also standing there watching asked if I was taking a picture just before disaster struck?  

It was one of the best laughs I've had in a long time, and they ask "where are the next  "Laurel and Hardy" coming from? Wish now I had stuck around to see the finale, especially with them using that Home Depot twine to tie it on.

Don

alchevy

I like to look at pictures of car projects too! Have you visited my website and seen the build-up of my '40 Chevy? http://www.astreetrodder.com/1940_chevy.htm is the link to the page. I need to update it with some newer information and pictures. But it does show the progression throughout 3 years until it could be driven on it's own power.

I enjoyed the shop tour we had a week ago in a town near me. The link is in the post called "Shop Tour" and it works now. While we were on the tour, several of the guys kept saying that it's a wonder how much they get motivated to work on their projects just before a shop tour when their project is on it.

My '40 still needs paint & body work, interior, and I just bought some rear fenders and running boards for it that need to be put on. I am enjoying cruising in it like it is...going to do that next weekend as the car show season is getting cranked up around here in the South. There I go again bragging about going to a car show where the weather is expected to be Sunny with a high of 73 and a low of 50. Sure I don't get to see snow but once every 7 or 8 years...did see some huge flurries the other day though. They were about the size of a Quarter. At first we didn't know what they were...thought someone had lost some trash or something.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

donsrods

You are doing exactly what cars were made to do.....DRIVE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Great pictures and lots of them. You started off with a nice straight car, and it shows in the final results.

I'll bet she is a comfortable cruiser, and dependable, too.

Thanks for sharing.  

Don :D  :D  :D

alchevy

Yes, it is a dependable ride. I had a lot of help from my friends on this one as it was my first street rod. I have learned a lot, but there's still more to learn. Besides good tools, friends are about the best to have around when building a car and I have bought more tools and met more friends with the car!
The car was in pretty good shape when I got it. I saw pictures of it on the internet up in Chicago and bought it just from looking at 2 pictures. It was in original shape (had not been rodded yet). As I started going through the car, I noticed some rust spots in the floor. Then after getting it on the road, I washed it and found out why there was some rust on the floor...the windows leaked. I also put a tube on the bottom of the cowl vent so if any water came into the cowl vent, it would exit the car instead of landing on my feet. The a/c unit is in the car, but it has not been completed yet. I am keeping the cowl vent for days when I don't want to run the a/c. I bought one of those electric cowl vent openers last time at Louisville so I will see how that works out.

Right after I started driving the car, I had a couple of my friends to ask me where the stereo was at. I told them that I was just keeping my mind on getting down the road and will deal with some tunes later on. I was enjoying hearing that 350 making it's own tunes. But after a few years went by, I bought a stereo at Louisville last time and put it into the car. So much for that idea...need some insulation so that the stereo can be heard while cruisin' down the road!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

donsrods

I know what you mean about the stereo.  The only time I could hear the one in my roadster was at red lights.  But, like you, the sounds from the engine are SWEET MUSIC.

Don