weekend update

Started by enjenjo, October 30, 2005, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "40chevy"

Hey Crosley,
Since you are in TN this week...there is a car show over in Crossett, Arkansas next weekend (Nov. 4-6). Crossett is in the lower right hand corner of Arkansas just over the stateline with Louisiana. I will be going up there Thursday morning. Anyone else that wants to come to it are welcome too.
AL

We will be in Chattanooga thursday looking at stuff.
we fly out of Nashville early friday morning.  

I guess next time we are in TN for a visit

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

I hunted  A lot thats why I havent been on here much. Saw quite a few deer but no kill. I poked one with the bow last saturday but never found it. I did come home saturday and raked and burned leaves. Then we went to the jacksom motor speedway old timers nite. Took my dad as it may be the last one he goes to  :( . Oh ya Frank.. Rollie was there again and I said hi but my dad missed him and didnt get a chance to talk to him. Hunted again sunday then shot the 12 gauge and its on so now I have to try my new muzzleloader.
My plan really worked out good. The 32 is done and covered up in the garage and ive got time to hunt. Good exercise and good fun too. 2 weeks more of work and im off for both weeks of gun season. Then ther is muzzleloader then late doe season. Looks like ill be on more after january first

Dave :lol:

sirstude

I finished up rebuilding the spring pockets in the lower control arms for the Olds.  The bigger air bags needed more space.  Hung pictures and put a peep window in my daughters apartment.  Forgot about the Chat.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

I got the car back from the frame shop on Thursday morning.  I did the painting on Friday.   Finished up the work on the car yesterday.  The frame machine work cost a little more than I had planned.  I think it ended up with me having about $300 in the car.  So I guess the good luck/ bad luck car is okay for now.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Yesterday we did some yard cleanup, and put brakes on the grandson's car. Today I boxed up parts to ship tomorrow. Also had a guy come over and look at a 48 Pontiac I have for sale, and I sold the 46 chevy COE. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I did yard work getting ready for winter since I have been gone a week. I trimmed up some trees too.

Cleaned out the shop a bit.  More yard work today ( sunday) mowed some of the grass.  raked up some rocks

Took my Morris for a serious thrashing drive.  Rode the Goldwing for several miles to see if I still could ride it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

Helped Greg put all new suspencion bushing and shafts in the 49, worked on the manifolds, placed xmas lights on the house (yes I know)!!!

phat46

..got absolutely nothing done this weekend, I had Friday off work to accompany my wife to have surgury on her knee, Saturday I was head nurse, cook and bottle washer...I managed to weatherstrip my daughters big front window for her. Sunday after I got my wife all set I went out to the shop to finish a power pole extension adapter (tm) for deer camp next weekend. I got a good start on it but ran out of welding wire on the second piece out of four... :?   O.K. then i'll run up to my brothers house and try to cut the profile into the window sashes I'm making for my daughters house. I cut blades for a moulding cutter head at work for the cutter on my brothers Shopsmith. My brother is in Virginia helping his daughter move, so I didn't know till i got up to his house that the power was out...we've had really high winds all day and apparently they lost power up there earlier in the day as his neighbors had a generator running for their houses....so i came home and took a nap  :roll:

moparrodder

Well it was another busy weekend again.  Finally got a day off work, that makes three since the middle of September.  I was given a new job at work and am out of the semi and am the head elevator  man and with harvest finally starting to slow down I get Sunday off. We have run out of bin space and are piling corn on the ground, a little over 200,000 bushels  in the pile so far and the hours are down to 12 and a half a day.  So today I went to a friends place to get more parts for my 442 so I can start the restoring.  I got the complete interior and glass, the electric windows and door handels, swaping the hood and bumpers. I even get the motor and tranny and rearend with only 53K miles , I guess I got everything but the main sheet metal and frame, all for FREE, all I had to do was help take it out. With no garage to keep the Olds in it sets out side and the weather surely does a number on the paint and body so I guess the next is to get the new building put up so we can get all our good rides under roof and just keep the daily drivers  in the drive way. Ya don't find deals like this very often so I jumped at the chance to get some really clean parts.  Bill

Bob Paulin

Since I am re-opening my shop to customers due to a few requests, I spent a few hours trying to find my chassis jig, buried underneath all the things that was used or brought home and never correctly put away....just set on top of the jig "....just for now..." to be put away "later", until the jig simply disappeared....

Sunday was "later".

I'm also putting together a metal storage shed to store some racing tires and other bulky, seldom-used materials such as dummy engine blocks, etc. - hoping it will give me a little more working room in the shop.

I'm putting together the various sub-assemblies, so when I am ready to toss it up, it shouldn't take too long. These things are flimsy enough when  they are all together. I don't want to leave one overnight or for a day or two partially assembled.

Then, my Canadian cousin stopped by Sunday evening on his way home from a flea market in Connecticut, dropping off a couple of pieces he picked up there for the new car I will be building him this winter. He's a non-paying "customer", so his new car MAY spend some time under a tarp outside as necessary.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

GPster

Well, my mobile compost pile (truck) was full. Hit on a deal and rather than pay $15.00 to unload it at the garden shop's land fill (you can buy it back in the spring as "top soil" for $35.00 a truck) I found someone that wanted it for his garden. To make the deal even sweeter, it was near the barn where we took our basement stuff in January to avoid the second flood. Immaterial that there was still two truck loads  there, the barn is now free of our stuff. Now we don't have to drive 15 miles to stumble around it. It's back home where we don't have to waste gas or someone else's good nature on it. The empty truck made it look like we needed mulch so to the garden shop where a $20.00 load of mulch cost us $78.00 before we were done. Spread mulch, emptied truck, went to church, walked the dog, packaged a gas tank to look like "Motorcycle Parts" and worked on the steering box on my project. No wonder I was too tired to chat. GPster

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"....packaged a gas tank to look like "Motorcycle Parts". GPster
So you got my letter in the mail?  Thanks :D

George
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "GPster"....packaged a gas tank to look like "Motorcycle Parts". GPster
So you got my letter in the mail?  Thanks :DGeorge
Yup! and it will probably go out tomorrow. I'll have to spend a little more time on a Vega steering box so it looks like it's worth the "oRDERED mONEY" that's supposed to be on it's way for it. You order your engine yet? GPster