Pit Cruiser update

Started by Cword, October 17, 2005, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cword

I suppose having another one in the family is an update.

I haven't changed my bike from the configuration it was in at Bonneville, just took some detail pictures and documented it a bit.
My brother has just finished his, guess he's done in time for next August. He used the same engine kit and installed it onto a chopper style bike he found at Walmart.  I'm still working on captions for the pictures of his bike, and for those of you who've visited us at Bonneville there's a few shots of Rob's girls in there too.

Pictures here
http://1149.ca/bike
--

enjenjo

Neat bikes, almost makes me want to waste some more time building one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Mike, both yours and Rob's bikes are really cool.  I'd like to build a pit bike for a few places I go.  Are they quiet?  

I did a search for those engine kits and came up with a few.  Is this one similar to what you guys used? http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/Engine_Kit1.htm
George

Cword

Quote from: "purplepickup"Are they quiet?

Not absolutely, but the noise level is low.  Except when the mufler bolt lets the can open up,  then they sound like a * off chain saw.

Quote from: "purplepickup"Is this one similar to what you guys used? http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/Engine_Kit1.htm

Yes, that is a similar kit.  The kit's are nice to work with since you don't have to source any parts unless you want too.

I also heard a rumor that the import of those kits into the uS may be suspended in the new year.

mike
--

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'd like to build a pit bike for a few places I go.  Are they quiet?  
Quiet? I thought you had a Harley. If you build one, I have an after-markey Sportster gas tank that I'll give you for it. Weather was nice today and I pedaled my 3 wheel bike over town (to a parts store). Got to thinking I need a motor for it but then I'd have noplace to put my grandaughter. GPster

purplepickup

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "purplepickup"I'd like to build a pit bike for a few places I go.  Are they quiet?  
Quiet? I thought you had a Harley. GPster
Well yeah, but Harleys sound a lot better than chain saws :wink:

If I had a motored bike I'd be riding it in campgrounds and other places where there are people relaxing.  I know how aggravating it is to me to hear loud motorized stuff in those places and I don't want to be one of the ones contributing.  

There's been a couple of times I wanted to put something I shouldn't in a noisy generator's gas tank that was running just to keep the pink flamingo party lights and stereo running at the next campsite. :twisted:

I guess I'm getting old....or paid back for the noise I used to make with dirt bikes and stuff when I was young. :roll:
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"I guess I'm getting old....
I'm only a couple of days younger than you, is that what I have to look foreward to? GPster

purplepickup

I thought I'd bring this back up because while looking around for a bike to put a motor kit on I ran across a 50% off clearance sale at the Meijer stores around here on their bicycles.  I got a cheap $99 beach cruizer for $49 and I couldn't pass up a Schwinn Stingray OCC model for $85.  My motor kit isn't here yet but I'll put it on the $49 bike because it should more or less a bolt-up.  The Stingray will need a fabricated motor mount but it's a heck of a start for a really cool custom.  I rode it down the road tonight and it's pretty comfortable and I'm 6' and weigh 225.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on the info about the clearance sale because the Stingray would make a pretty cool Christmas present for a grandson...if you don't keep it for yourself, that is.  They're not a real high quality bike but the cool factor is pretty high. :D
George