Turbo Ford 6 inline cylinder

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 21, 2005, 09:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I brought home some turbo parts for my inline 6 project for my 62 Falcon.

Garret T-3 housing, full ball bearing , water cooled unit.

The square black box is an electronic boost controller.  I can set that to limit boost off the line so I can maintain traction.  Then add boost to power through the 1/4 mile.

The other item on the right of the photo is the external waste gate.

let the fun begin

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"I brought home some turbo parts for my inline 6 project for my 62 Falcon.

Garret T-3 housing, full ball bearing , water cooled unit.

The square black box is an electronic boost controller.  I can set that to limit boost off the line so I can maintain traction.  Then add boost to power through the 1/4 mile.

The other item on the right of the photo is the external waste gate.

let the fun begin

8)

i always knew you ran on hot air.........

been kinda toyin' with the idea of a turbo'd 250/292 or a  twin turbo's 4.3(wonder how the crank'd hold up) for the coupe...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

been kinda toyin' with the idea of a turbo'd 250/292 or a  twin turbo's 4.3(wonder how the crank'd hold up) for the coupe...

hot air?  i'll run a water cooled inter-cooler

What did GM use in the turbo'd 4.3 Syclones that out performed the corvettes one year?
Tony

1FATGMC

Is this going to be a blow thru carb or a FI setup?  I"ll follow this with great interest.

c ya, Sum

Brootal

Years ago there was a guy that ran a turbo 200 Ford in a Morris Minor. He then stepped up to a 250 in a slightly larger car (Holden Torana). These things were missiles and used to haul in the bigger cars at the top-end of the track. It was great to watch.

One race I saw the Torana stand on its bumper on the gear change!!!

As you can see, the Morrie was pretty consistent in its launches.

Never used to have wheelie bars, but I think he got sick of polishing the scratches out of the bumper!

Big #1 on the window was because he was the Aussie champ.

Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Crosley.In.AZ

well............. those photos are interesting since I have an extra 62 Morrie, a chassis / roll bar kit that will fit a Morrie, a turbo ,  a 200 Ford six in the machine shop
Tony

Brootal

Quote from: "Crosley"well............. those photos are interesting since I have an extra 62 Morrie, a chassis / roll bar kit that will fit a Morrie, a turbo ,  a 200 Ford six in the machine shop

From memory it was an 11-second car - Back in the mid-80s!!!

Just got some more info on the cars from an Aussie drag racing forum...

8:10 is his best and the Morrie used to be run by his brother Ralph (not 100% sure) both have/had 200ci crossflow engines, Errols is currently a 190ci producing in the area of 830hp, the car used to belong to Chris Mills and ran an injected big block, awesome car to watch
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

hot air?  i'll run a water cooled inter-cooler

What did GM use in the turbo'd 4.3 Syclones that out performed the corvettes one year?

i don't know if they had a different crank or not, we've only ever had one in the shop altho there's a half a dozen running around town...

'sides, i'm kinda hoping for something a little faster than a syclone...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Crosley they still use that engine In Australia, though modified somewhat since the original Falcon we had in 1960 (I don't think anything is interchangeable now). In its current guise it is available in the 2005 Falcon (yes we still have them here!) as a factory produced 4.0 litre engine with 550Nm of torque, the highest torque output of any Australian built production engine, and 270kW of power from the turbo-charged and intercooled straight six-cylinder. You can find out about the car here  http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?target=index.asp&link_id=2.440&type_id=60 or just the engine here http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=2.455