Latest progress on the TRP

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, October 17, 2005, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Been getting some time in on the track roadster. Finally got the box repainted and installed. Have the roll bar in and the box flooring just about completed. Got the Cokers dirt track tires on smoothie rims and a couple license plate brackets made to double as "mud flaps".
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks GREAT bud.  Been kinda wondering lately what the statis was.  Thanks for updating.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Lookin' good Charlie. Ken said you have all his money :shock:  Must be seed funds to finish it, :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

He lies. I can't wait on him....LOL.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Very, very nice Charlie!  :shock:  You've sure got an eye for making things just look right. 8)
George

rumrumm

Nice work. I'll bet it'll be a lot of fun to drive.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Rayvyn

Lookin' cool. With a name like that, It'll be in a country music video before long!! :b-d:

Charlie, I found a hood trim piece for your Chevy, but it had a few small dents and what looked like teeth marks in it. Didn't think you'd want it; it's seen better days.
Huge swap meet at Daytona next month. I'll spin through there and see what I can find. :)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks Bryan. I actually need one that is good over the rear half  - the rounded end is at the back of the hood.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

av8

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Thanks Bryan. I actually need one that is good over the rear half  - the rounded end is at the back of the hood.

Charlie

Handsome car, Charlie! I haven't been paying attention and last saw pictures when it was under construction and there was a post going on about cockpit room. Did I recall that correctly or did my CRS cobble things?  :lol:

Mike

Crosley.In.AZ

it does look good.

not enough louvers in it though.  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Handsome car, Charlie! I haven't been paying attention and last saw pictures when it was under construction and there was a post going on about cockpit room. Did I recall that correctly or did my CRS cobble things?  :lol:

Mike[/quote]

Thanks Mike. That was quite awhile ago when there were some b&w's on a little picture page my youngest son did at college. I finally learned how to do the things that need to be done to digital pictures this year so have posted closer to finish progress a couple times. I'm finishing the aluminum floor panels in the box this week and hope to move on to completing the wiring next week. Still need to do some seat backs and a couple hoses and it'll be ready to light up.

But you know how life tends to get in the way...I got a personalized plate two years ago when it was supposed to be done and here we are not going yet. I really want to move it and hear real motor noises before we get snowed in for the winter - which gives me a couple months yet. I looked in the log for this car the other day and realized that I've been working on it since June of '99 when I bought the more or less complete '26 rpu. I think I have ended up giving away some leftovers to a few Hambers over the years and the last dregs of original fenders, boards and pu box parts to a friend in Lansing last night. I'm looking forward to using the car and moving on to the '32 roadster build - which oughta be a cake walk in comparison.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Lookin good Charlie, be makin motor sounds soon
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.