Big Olds' Ego-Rama Adventure Day 17

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 09, 2005, 12:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 17 Saturday Oct 8
Grants, NM to Shamrock, TX
Today's fuel "sponsored" by CADILLAC Bob (who drives a Lincoln  :wink:  )

The days activities, not that there were many.
My usual "Welcome to____" photo op.  Way too muddy to get Big Olds any closer.

CADILLAC Ranch and the reason I saved Bob's donation till today.  In case you're not familiar with this "site" right on I 40 just west of Amarillo, TX, in a nutshell a rancher took and buried a year old Caddy nose first into the dirt for about 10 years.  (at least that's the story I heard).  Sun was in the wrong spot but I took a few shots anyway.

Shortly thereafter we met up with "EMSjunkie" and his lovely wife in Amarillo for a quick meet and greet.  The highlight of the day for sure!GREAT guy, a real do it yourselfer.  Chatted for a bit, took a few photos,  he showed me his, I showed him mine, then had to say our goodbyes and hit the road.  It was wonderful to finally meet you in person Vance.  Perhaps next time we'll have a longer visit.

One of the other highlites of the day was going to be hooking up with Flat Top Bob in Wellington and checking out his salvage yard.  Well Bob had to deliver a car to a customer out of town so we weren't able to get together.  His brother Steve called and offered to give us the grand tour but we got into Shamrock later then planned and it just wouldn't be the same without Bob.  Next time for sure.

Tomorrow we'll travel I-40 to I-44 and hopefully make it to St Louis, MO

Total miles traveled thusfar 5,232
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

I am really enjoying these "reports".  When you get to St Louis you will be a relatively short drive from home.  So I looks like two more reports and that is it.

I have a better idea.  Turn south on I55.  Come down to my place in Jonesboro.  I'll feed you and put you up for the night and you can use our computer to post your report and then you can bake a batch of cookies in our oven.  In the morning you I'll by you a fill up and you can head out to some other lucky RRT or H.A.M.B. members domicile and do it again.   Memphis, Atlanta, the East Coast, across Canada, down through Idaho to New Mexico and across to San Antonio, over to Florida, and down to Key West.  And from there???  

Just do it!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

EMSjunkie

Hey Denise, it was GREAT finally getting to meet you and your folks.
Big Olds and Dad's 56 are awesome!! the amount of work that went into both cars is unreal, they both are truly works of art.  :)

there were literally people turning around from the interstate just to come back and look at Big Olds and Dads 56.  :shock:

thanks for stopping, and the meet and greet.
maybe next time we will have a little more time to visit.
The Mrs. and I really enjoyed talking with all of you.

drive safe, Godspeed.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

I thought  "Mom and Dad" were staying in Arizona for a bit?????Drive safe!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"