Big Olds' Ego-Rama Adventure Day 8

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, September 30, 2005, 02:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 8, Thursday Sept 29
Jackson, WY to Battle Mountain, NV
Today's fuel "sponsored" by SkateFink

Today started off the coldest so far.  Newscast said 31 degrees.  The good news was it was bright blue skies and very sunny.  There was frost on the trunk of Big Olds.

The water and ice in my cooler was frozen solid

The only area on me that had gotten cold in the last few days was my chin and mouth as I didn't have a scarf...but, I did have an extra pair of clean wool socks.  So I took one sock and tucked one end in my hoodie covering one ear and the other end covering my lower face to the other ear.  Very nice and toasty.

Headed south outta Jackson and came across this cool  arch made out of antlers in Afton, WY

Once again breathtaking scenery at every turn

Wasn't long before I was in Idaho

and shortly after that, Utah

Bear Lake

A few hours later I came upon the Wendover exit so I just had to stop and look

and wouldn't you know it, at the end of the blacktop is a guy named Dave from Chicago waiting to take me and Big Olds's photo.

Hit the Nevada boarder shortly thereafter

Made great time on I80 and I'm now sitting in Battle Mountain, NV just a couple hundred miles from Lake Tahoe where I'm meeting all the other participants and the Rod and Custom staff tomorrow.

My apologies to the Throttlers for not stopping.  I thought I'd be stopping for the night on Wed in SLC but only made it to Jackson, WY last nite.  I then thought I'd have time to stop this afternoon but it took me a lot longer then planned to get from Jackson to SLC.  Hopefully next time.

Total miles traveled thusfar   2810
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Normspeed

What a great trip. You know, I drove under those same antlers some time back.  Boy those western states are large, aren't they? Drive safe and keep sending those photos.
Norm

Ohio Blue Tip

Ya,I looked at those antlers in August.  Great reporting, thanks, keep em coming.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

Didja see the trail of ATF I left on the highway up in the Tetons in August? Hmmm, dried up already.

Great shots. If you ever get a top and heat and all that fancy stuff you'll be able to travel with hardly any clothes at all...

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Roadstar

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Great shots. If you ever get a top and heat and all that fancy stuff you'll be able to travel with hardly any clothes at all...Charlie

Thats what I'm afraid of :shock:

The Shot of you at The Flats  with the mountian in the backround and it looks to  b water on  the salt  awesome!

Drive safe. have fun. BE carfull. Don't pic up any hitchhikers. Watch out for a guy named B:roll:B K. Keep a eye on he remaining hub caps. Don't forget  to get me something. Check the waster in the Radiatior.......

So  do you think you'll get there before dark :wink:

xo

Just check'n in as usual.....I see by the empty cup in your frozen cooler,that you're following Moms instructions and eating your daily yogurt...but...are you remembering to save the lids??? :P Have a Great Day!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

beatnik

Quote from: "Roadstar"Drive safe. have fun. BE carfull. Don't pic up any hitchhikers. Watch out for a guy named B:roll:B K. Keep a eye on he remaining hub caps. Don't forget  to get me something. Check the waster in the Radiatior.......

And geeze, wash those white walls, they may be taking pictures at this egorama thingy. :wink:
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Roadstar

Quote from: "beatnik"
Quote from: "Roadstar"Drive safe. have fun. BE carfull. Don't pic up any hitchhikers. Watch out for a guy named B:roll:B K. Keep a eye on he remaining hub caps. Don't forget  to get me something. Check the waster in the Radiatior.......

And geeze, wash those white walls, they may be taking pictures at this egorama thingy. :wink:

Thanks Gus, I knew I was forgetting something :0-0

enjenjo

UHhh... that was a clean sock, right??? Glad you are enjoying yourself :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

34ford

Quote from: "beatnik"
Quote from: "Roadstar"Watch out for a guy named B:roll:B K.  

Rudy,

Be glad Mr Bones 8)  isn't on the trip with Bob, that could really be bad news. :shock:

n.c.rodder

Great pics & reporting - It does make us all feal like we're riding along with you!!

As for the frozen cooler.......I bet you wished you had that in Louisville!!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Crosley.In.AZ

two things........

great photos .  that is stuff I gotta  see some day.

2nd..... if you have a cig lighter / power port thingy  , 12 volt electric vest/pants/socks  like motorcyle & snow mobile folks use would keep you real toasty.  Just an idear
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)