Big Olds' Ego-Rama Adventure Day 9, Finally Arrived

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, October 01, 2005, 02:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Day 9 Friday September 30
Battle Mountain, NV to Lake Tahoe, CA
Today fuel "sponsored" by Silent Rick

Well another morning that started off cold but didn't last long.  Had TONS of bugs from the previous days driving that I had to wash off before I even thought about leaving.  Couldn't see out of the windshield at all it was that bad.

Arrived in Lake Tahoe after about 4 hours on the road.  Felt GREAT to have finally arrived.  My folks were here already along with a couple of others.  Everyone wiping road dust and grime off.  Mom took this one of me before we headed off to the quarter car wash.

My first pair of Levi's that I could cuff.  What better way to fit into the California "scene" huh??  

The reason we had to go to the quarter car wash was because the owner of the motel were staying at, and there are 8 cars here plus the R&C staff have a room, is because the owner would NOT let us use his hose.  Believe that?  Dad even told him that he has a nozzle and bucket and wouldn't be wasting any water.  He took the hose that was out and locked it in the shed.  What an *.
So off we went to wash the bug juice off and count how many new stone chips.  Good thing I know a painter. ;)

Once back in the motel parking lot I started to "polish" Big Olds, got the hubcap back on, and my exhaust donut tighten.  Other participants started arriving and we stood around and got to know each other.  What a GREAT group of folks for this event.  

One of the guys is Jim Shelton and he's as nice as everyone said.  

Another one of the participants is Rich of "Pure Hell" fame and he is also as nice as I was told he would be.  He even gave us all gifts of a "Pure Hell" hot wheel and he was kind enough to sign the article in R&C of his latest ride for me.

Jerry and his wife from Kansas are very nice as well

My folks

Jim Shelton, Jack Parker (Phat Rat) and BobK just hanging out

Unbenounced to us till today, the R&C staff is shooting a full feature for the mag on all the participates. Dad's '56 and Big Olds were both shot this afternoon at the local State Park.  It's amazing how much time and effort goes into a photo shoot to make sure the cars are shown in their best light so to speak.

Kevin Lee shooting Dad's interior

For the quick clean up job I did, including scrubbing the white walls, Big Olds looked pretty good.

Our own JimA shooting Big Olds

After the photo shoot we all went out to eat then back here so I could post my daily report.

Total mileage thus far  3,110
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

kb426

Excellent! Glad to see you made it.  Thanks for the daily reports. This beats the mags' coverage all to pieces.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Great Job! I really enjoy your "roving reports" but can't wait to hear about it first-hand the next time we meet.Be safe and have fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Digger__Dave

Hey Denise, be thankful your down THERE and NOT up HERE!

Otherwise you would need those windshield wiper blades! ( a heater and a top might come in handy too) It dropped below freezing last night and some snow fell! (mind you scraping frost off the windshield is easier than bugs!! )

Be safe lady, and remember Dave's Rule of the Road; Shinney Side UP !!

Love ya!
Digger  :wink:
DIGGER DAVE
FLATHEAD FANATIC
BONNEVILLE "JUNKIE"  8)

TJ's Dad

Thanks for the updates Denise ...  it's like crusin with ya ....

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

EMSjunkie

It will be really cool to meet a real "celebrity".  8)
will you give me your autograph when you get
to Amarillo  :D

keep the updates coming, be safe, drive carefully.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****