O/T but interesting.

Started by Dave, September 13, 2005, 05:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Got a 4 wheel alingment done on Sue's malibu the other day and then another problem cropped up. The brakes while sitting still or at slow speeds creaked and groaned. I love the internet. Seems there is a TSB  service bulliten out on how to fix it. Found that out after messing with it all morning. They got a special oil that you insert in tween the capiler piston and seal by inserting the junk tween the boot and the piston thet stops it? Hummm. about 10 bucks or a little more to do both sides. I got the lube ordered but I pryed the boot back and put some spray silicone in it and pushed the caliper back and drove it a bit and its like a new car. Cant any of the automakers make things right anymore? I see there is a TSB on the clunk ive got in the right front also but I cant find it or view it online unless i spend money so im gonna call my buddies at the dealer and tell em I want to know what to do...
The parts guy at the dealer was supprised about the TSB and even more supprised when I gave him the part number of the stuff that fixes it. (for how long who knows).
Well im on vacation but as usuall it dont seem like it. Went to get Sue 4 new tires and I gotta go back thursday.Ill be there when they open so i can get to kzoo in the afternoon.
Dave

EMSjunkie

Hey Dave, it it just me, or does it seem the brake Gods
have not been smiling on you lately?  :(

seems like you have had more than your share
of brake related problems  :shock:

just an observation, may just be F.O.S  :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Hey Dave, it it just me, or does it seem the brake Gods
have not been smiling on you lately?  :(  

seems like you have had more than your share  
of brake related problems  :shock:  

just an observation, may just be F.O.S  :oops:  

Vance
Seems like it don't it :lol:  
Well I never found out what was going on with the 32 but with the new ford svo disc kit on the rear its fine now. I did figure out the front and I created my own mess with the ceramic pads :oops: .  
This malibu did this before then it quit but it wasn't near as bad. I drove it accross town yesterday and after pulling the boot back and squirting some spray silicone in it... its fixed. Ive got the real gm service bulletin stuff comming next week. I just can't believe the stupid little things that can crop up to annoy the hell out of you. For the price of cars this stuff shouldn't happen.
Dave