Front end adjustments?

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, September 14, 2005, 07:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Took the 34 out for a longer drive last night and on the highway it wants to hunt a little.  Have 195/50 radials on the front, mono leaf spring, tube axle, vega cross steer.
Running 33 PSI and 1/16 toe in.
How much toe in should be used?  Will more toe in help stabilize the car?  Will more or less air pressure effect stability?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Caster set at?

About 5 degrees.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Dave

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Took the 34 out for a longer drive last night and on the highway it wants to hunt a little.  Have 195/50 radials on the front, mono leaf spring, tube axle, vega cross steer.
How much toe in should be used?  Will more toe in help stabilize the car?  Will more or less air pressure effect stability?

Check your PM.......

348tripower

Try taking the air pressure to 26 lbs.  Also I have been told 1/8 inch toe. I would dot the air  first.
Don

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Took the 34 out for a longer drive last night and on the highway it wants to hunt a little.  Have 195/50 radials on the front, mono leaf spring, tube axle, vega cross steer.
Don Colliau

Dave

Quote from: "348tripower"Try taking the air pressure to 26 lbs.  Also I have been told 1/8 inch toe. I would dot the air  first.
Don

Aint you got anything to do
:lol:
By the way try srbymichael.com go to the tech section . Its all explained real good there. I think the stuff came from pete and jakes or socal on setting up front ends.  I  set mine at 1/8 to 3/16 but ive done a full 1/4 and it was fine too.  
Dave :roll:

Ohio Blue Tip

roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Ken, will we be seeing your new baby in Kzoo this weekend??  I sure hope so.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Ken, will we be seeing your new baby in Kzoo this weekend??  I sure hope so.

YES, YES, Well at least I'm heading there this afternoon.  It goes down the road, but still lots of work left for the winter.
Looking forward to a gooood breakfast saturday.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken