Maybe I'm just lucky.....

Started by Jbird, September 05, 2005, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

A few weeks ago this compukers hard drive decided to go on permanent vacation. Luckily, my puter whiz son-in-law was up here from Lake Havasu for a class.

During the three day investigation, and the installation of a new 120 gig hard drive, he mentioned that a friend of his' father had an old chevy pickup he wanted to get rid of.

During one of those times when the puter sits there and  displays progress percentages we drove up to check out the truck. I wasn't impressed but politely asked how much he wanted for it. "Haul it away. I just want it gone." He told me.

How could I pass up a deal like that? I told him it might be a few weeks because I had customers cars to finish up. Once I got rid of those pesky customers cars. I called my favorite tow company, they told me I had a free tow coming, I'm still not sure why.

Saturday It arrived in all its lichen encrusted glory. 1956 GMC 3/4 ton, 327, granny 4 speed. He said it ran but the distributor had a problem so he parked it in 97. The picture with the beer bottles was taken during a rest period I needed while cleaning all the crap out of the beast. I filled up a two yard dumpster to the top.

My girlfriend and several other family members have been very supportive. They even got me a gift certificate to the ACME Mental Heath Clinic. At least it was free.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

phat46

Hey, free is good! That would be a gem up here in Michigan!  :D

tomslik

Quote from: "Jbird"A few weeks ago this compukers hard drive decided to go on permanent vacation. Luckily, my puter whiz son-in-law was up here from Lake Havasu for a class.

During the three day investigation, and the installation of a new 120 gig hard drive, he mentioned that a friend of his' father had an old chevy pickup he wanted to get rid of.

During one of those times when the puter sits there and  displays progress percentages we drove up to check out the truck. I wasn't impressed but politely asked how much he wanted for it. "Haul it away. I just want it gone." He told me.

How could I pass up a deal like that? I told him it might be a few weeks because I had customers cars to finish up. Once I got rid of those pesky customers cars. I called my favorite tow company, they told me I had a free tow coming, I'm still not sure why.

Saturday It arrived in all its lichen encrusted glory. 1956 GMC 3/4 ton, 327, granny 4 speed. He said it ran but the distributor had a problem so he parked it in 97. The picture with the beer bottles was taken during a rest period I needed while cleaning all the crap out of the beast. I filled up a two yard dumpster to the top.

My girlfriend and several other family members have been very supportive. They even got me a gift certificate to the ACME Mental Heath Clinic. At least it was free.  Jbird 8)

looks like a 55-56 CHEVY to me....lessee the dash...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "phat46"Hey, free is good! That would be a gem up here in Michigan!  :D

No doubt........almost MINT :wink:
Till we meet - On the street

Jbird

Ok, here's a couple more pics for tomslik. My first clue that it was a GMC is the hood emblem. If you look closely, ignoring the lichen, you can just make out the GMC emblem. I included a pic of the custom dash for your viewing enjoyment. I think my family wants me to use the gift certificate ASAP.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

alchevy

Hey, those are popular trucks that folks are restoring. So free is very good. All it needs is a lot of TLC (Thick Layers of Cash).
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

purplepickup

Man, I just hate it when you guys try to do that fake patina thing.  It's so obvious that the front bumper was in pristine shape before you sprayed that rust paint on it.  Why don't you just ship it up here to my place and save yourself a lot of embarassment.  :roll:  

I thought the bottles were there for target practice. :lol:
George

EMSjunkie

What it needs is a nice DRY home.
got a whole lot of it here.

send it my way, I'll park it out back, she'll
dry up in no time  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Roadstar

I have to agree with George, this Fake patina  thing is getting way out of hand :lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "Jbird"Ok, here's a couple more pics for tomslik. My first clue that it was a GMC is the hood emblem. If you look closely, ignoring the lichen, you can just make out the GMC emblem. I included a pic of the custom dash for your viewing enjoyment. I think my family wants me to use the gift certificate ASAP.   Jbird 8)

it's a jimmy.
with chevy grill and fenders...

and that APPEARS to be a factory dash, guages might have been changed but i can't tell from the pics.
the engine turned part is how they came oem...

pontiac engine?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list