Nats North Did I have Fun ??????

Started by Dave, September 19, 2005, 07:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Yup I sure did. Got thinking today I looked at more cars this year than in years past ? Why ? I wasnt shopping for parts! I did spot some nice steel wheels with caps and rings in the swap that I thought would look good on the 32 but I waited till sunday to try and make a deal the he was gone and so were the wheels. Ok so Ive still got money !... And the guy selling parts with the way cool dog got more attention from me on sunday than the swap. Ya I love animals. Got to see most everyone . Kenny's 34 looks great. Good seeing george as I havent seen him for a while  etc etc etc. you all know who you were.  I saw some nice new or at least new to me rides there that should have won sumpin. Ok now my opinion. These NSRA guys need to make notes on the cars that have won in years past and exclude them from winning . I saw 2 cars that I know from the area that have won more than once. These guys have CRS :lol:  I think it would be more fair that way.  Interesting one of the downs guys won the pickup if i heard that right? Ya im old and my hearing is junk from too many LOUD engines :lol: . Anyway It was good fun again .....
Dave..
:roll:  :idea:  :!:
ps: I sure missed slocrow........................... :shock:

enjenjo

Quite a lineup of cars there this year, including some new ones. I had a lot of fun too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

I had a great time also, cruising my new ride, playing with the grill and lying to my friends.  It was great to drive my 34 on the first trip.  I only had about 20 miles under it when I headed out for Kazoo, turned around after the first mile because a tire was rubbing on the inside, (too much beer in the cooler) spaced the tire out and started out again.  Could only put about 4 gallons in the tank as I had found the tank was leaking at the seam the night before and of course fuel splashed out the vented cap (stock tank).  The tire now rubbed on the fender, but only when I turned left ( I just won't do that, much).  Now I'm on my way, no left turns and stop for gas every 50 miles.  Well, every thing else worked fine and it was a fine trip.  Ordered a new gas tank at the show, should be here by mid-week and have been checking tire sizes available, plan on trying a narrower tire if I can get one as tall, if not I can buy some new wheels.  Hope to get those main problems fixed so I can get some miles this fall.  Then I'll have the winter to finish the car.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

I also had a BALL!  Roadstar and Race drove straight thru from WY to get to the show on Saturday morning, Bryan flew in from FL, George FINALLY made an appearance this summer :shock:, Ken had his new ride on the road, and we couldn't have asked for nicer weather on Saturday or Sunday.  AWESOME time was had by all!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

n.c.rodder

I spent all day Friday & Saturday in the Streets of Rods and worked the membership booth on Sunday, so I really don't get much time to mingle. I did get a chance to see Ken's new wheels - well done buddy!! Also got to talk to Charlie & Jack a couple of times.

By the way...Congrates Jack on winning Hammered Hwy in the S.O.R. - Well deserved :D

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

phat rat

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"I spent all day Friday & Saturday in the Streets of Rods and worked the membership booth on Sunday, so I really don't get much time to mingle. I did get a chance to see Ken's new wheels - well done buddy!! Also got to talk to Charlie & Jack a couple of times.

By the way...Congrates Jack on winning Hammered Hwy in the S.O.R. - Well deserved :D

Mike

Thanks for the congrats Mike.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

mopar2dr

I didn't get to hang with all of you but stopped by and said hi a few times. The thing I noticed was that the traditional and "rat" rods seemed to be getting a lot of attention. I was parked by a Buick nailhead powered,primered a-bone Sat. and it was a hit. The spectators pay to look at the purty billet clad cars,but it seems the car guys are drawn to real beauty! I took a lot of pictures of 48 f-ones and talked to the owners,yes I had fun. :P
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

phat46

I was only able to make it on Saturday, I'm fighting a bad back and leg spasms so I only went the one day. I really paid Sunday for all the walking we did on saturday, but it was well worth it!!! Glad I got to chat with a few RRTers and see Kens new ride. Who owned the REALLY nice Track style "T" that was parked at the RRT canopy? I saw it getting photographed behind the barns by a magazine type. Did it seem like there were less vendors there than in past years? I didn't see the Ford or the Chevy crate motor trailers there and it seemed like there was more room in the vendor buildings too.

phat rat

The track T is owned by a fella here in Muskegon and yes it was shot for a possible magazine feature. The Chev motor guys were there but in a different area. Not sure just how many vendors may not've been there but I do know that Julianos wasn't. I called them last week to get a part and have them bring it to Kazoo and they said that a lack of help was the reason for not coming.

Dave

Oh Ya congrats Jack.. Sorry I forgot to do that the other day.. :lol:
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm bad, I forgot to mention it too.  I'm sorry.  We are all very proud of your pick Jack.  Congrats bud!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

moose

It was good to put some faces to the folks here.

moose