GM Steering column

Started by Kctom, August 18, 2005, 10:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

Frank, still can't find out what wire lights up the shift indicator. Can you tell me about what year and type this came from ?
TOM

enjenjo

It appears to be about 1980 to 1982. Ubfortunately, I don't have a wiring diagram, nor a column I can check to see which wire it is.

On the plug, there should be about 12 wires. green is rt rear turn, yellow is lt rear turn, light blue, and dark blue are the front turn signals, brown is the flasher, white brake light switch, purple is hazatd flasher, and black is the horn switch. there may be a tan and either orange or light green that is the key buzzer wires. Black with a white stripe should be the ground, but it will be seperate from the connector. Any other wires may be the indicator light, but that is usually seperate from the main plug too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rooster

Tom, that one looks like mine, about a 85-89 Gmc van, the light for in selector is under the PNRD12, take the screws out from the sides and carefully lift up you will see the bulb and wire color, I dont have mine hooked up.

Kctom

Quote from: "Kctom1"Frank, still can't find out what wire lights up the shift indicator. Can you tell me about what year and type this came from ?
TOM[/quote

I got light, Frank was right on. The grey wire in the main connector all the way over to the end was the power wire and the grey with the black stripe was the ground. Thank you  Frank and Rooster for the help.

Tom  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

kc ron

Quote from: "Kctom1"
Quote from: "Kctom1"Frank, still can't find out what wire lights up the shift indicator. Can you tell me about what year and type this came from ?
TOM[/quote

I got light, Frank was right on. The grey wire in the main connector all the way over to the end was the power wire and the grey with the black stripe was the ground. Thank you  Frank and Rooster for the help.

Tom  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Tom does this mean we can go back to work on the wiring?
Ron  :roll: