GM steering colum wiring

Started by Kctom, August 13, 2005, 05:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

We are hooking up a Gm steering colum  with the key in the colum, It is the colum shifter from a van I think. Any how the the plug on it hooks up to my harness, There is a couple extra wires a brown or tan and a green . Does these light up the indicator at night when the lights are on? If not any one know which wires do this?
TOM

enjenjo

The indicator light wire on a Van column is usually Black, or dark grey, and does not connect at the plug with the rest of the wires, it has a seperate plug. The green and tan wire are for a key in the lock alarm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Kctom

Quote from: "enjenjo"The indicator light wire on a Van column is usually Black, or dark grey, and does not connect at the plug with the rest of the wires, it has a seperate plug. The green and tan wire are for a key in the lock alarm.

Frank, the big plug has all the turn signal and stop light stuff. It also has a second small plug that has a yellow,light grey,white,purple,red wires. There is a dark grey with a ring connector all by it's self. wonder if this is it ?

enjenjo

I think you will find the small plug with 4 or 5 wires is for the cruise control. The grey wire is probably the indicator light. What year is the column? wipers and dimmer or not?

Kctom

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think you will find the small plug with 4 or 5 wires is for the cruise control. The grey wire is probably the indicator light. What year is the column? wipers and dimmer or not?

Frank, The grey wire with the eye lug on it is grey with a black stripe. Still no light on the indicator yet.

enjenjo

What year is the column? wipers and dimmer or not? I need this to look it up.

Kctom

Quote from: "enjenjo"What year is the column? wipers and dimmer or not? I need this to look it up.

No idea as to year. It has dimmer,key in column, the DD at the end is solid insted of hollow. Think it had wipers too. It was a new one and had no levers with it, plugs in the holes.