100 degrees+spare time =

Started by Jbird, July 24, 2005, 12:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

What's a guy to do when he has a free week and it's way hot? Play with fiberglass that's what. I've been reconstructing Ugbuglys' hood for the last few months. When I finished the PIA Blazer, I realized I had a solid week between jobs. I looked at my roughed in hood, I looked at my brand new air board, I looked at my trusty old palm sander. I grabbed some 36 grit stick on paper an went to town grinding excess fiberglass. Grinding and filling for amost the whole week. Yesterday, I figured it was ready for feather fill primer. This morning I picked up a Qt of feather fill. Never ever lay primer over a surface thats only been sanded with 36 grit. I took hours to get a nice enough surface to lay on another coat of primer. By then it was * near a hunnert degrees in the shop. Mr impatient just had to squirt on one more coat. At least the primer didn't set up in my gun. It's got some nice fuzzy dry spots but think in looks pretty good.
            Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Crosley.In.AZ

Kool.

the front winder looks strange  or is that an opitical thing in the photo?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I had forgotten about that thing, it looks like you're getting close to being done...

jaybee

It's been a while since we've seen an update on ugbugly, looking good.  You're building a very interesting and unique ride.

It was 103 in my shop yesterday.  With no insulation overhead the air conditioning just can't keep up.  I worked a little out there yesterday, but not much.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Bib_Overalls

Need to clean up my shop and make room for a project I am picking up shortly.  But it is 95 degrees outside and the heat index is going 113.  So I am staying inside.

Took my 89 year old aunt to WalMart yesterday.  Picked her up at 9 pm and the temperature was still over 90.  All I did outside was walk from air conditioned space to the truck to air conditioned space.  When I got home I was soaking wet with sweat.

On Sunday our neighborhood is usually alive with the sound of riding lawn mowers.  Strangely quiet today.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

WZ JUNK

My brother (MO JUNK) and I went to a nostalgia race at Tulsa yesterday and we helped Hooley a little with his drag car.  The temperature at 10 o'clock yesterday morning was about 100 and the track temperature in the staging lane at noon was 159 degrees.  Hooley said it would help condition us for Bonneville.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Jbird

Tony, that's just dust and dirt on the winder and I need to chop it down about four inches.

phat46, I don't think "done" is still in my vocabulary.

jaybee, interesting, unique? You coulda just said wierd and saved a few bytes.

If it's under a hunnert tomorrow I'll pull it outside and get a good pic of my improvements.
      Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Jbird"You coulda just said wierd and saved a few bytes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I LIKE weird, sick, twisted, unusual and creative!   :D

Keep up the good work! :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!