Something I found out about these double posts

Started by purplepickup, March 16, 2004, 08:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I made a new post the other day at work and didn't see it right away but I was on my way home so I figured it would be here when I got home.  45 minutes later it still hadn't shown up.  I knew I made the post right so I clicked on my profile and clicked the thing that says "Find all posts by purplepickup" and sure enough, it showed up there.  It still wasn't on the board but I clicked on the edit button then without making any changes I clicked "Submit" and it showed on the board.

I don't know why some posts take a long time to show but if it happens to you, check your posts in your profile to see if it's there before you re-post it.

If you do make a double post, you can go into one of them and delete it too by clicking on the X next to the edit button if no one has replied to it.
George

1FATGMC

This is strange George.  I came back on a little bit ago and still didn't see but one post about the bleeders that I made.  So then I went to my profile like you said and looked for past posts and there were two on the bleeders.  Next I went back to the forum and then I could see the second post.

I deleted it like you said, thanks, and now only see one post.  This happened one other time in the past.  Both times after it said the post was added I picked the option of going back to the forum with out viewing my post first.  Seem like all the times went to "view my post" it was there and then I could go back to the fourm and still see it.

Well anyway I don't know what is happening,  Sum

MikeC

If when you go back to the forum and you hit the refresh button (on IE, it is the fourth button from the left on top) it will refresh the screen and you will see your post.

purplepickup

Quote from: "MikeC"If when you go back to the forum and you hit the refresh button (on IE, it is the fourth button from the left on top) it will refresh the screen and you will see your post.

Thanks Mike, I'll have to try that next time.  It seemed strange that I posted on a computer at work and neither one of my computers at home could see the post either.
George

1FATGMC

Quote from: "MikeC"If when you go back to the forum and you hit the refresh button (on IE, it is the fourth button from the left on top) it will refresh the screen and you will see your post.

I did the refresh several times and even disconnected from the internet and came back in and still couldn't see the first post till later in the evening.

I've never had the problem when responding to someone else's post, just when I post a new topic.

Oh well,  Sum

34ford

[/quote] I've never had the problem when responding to someone else's post, just when I post a new topic.

Oh well,  Sum[/quote]

Had the same thing happen on the post I did about the master disconnect switch. Couldn't find it on the screen, only when I looked under posted by 34ford could I find it. I resubmitted it and them it showed up on the forum page. Weird   :?