Spartan Rod Works

Started by 42AeroSedan, July 14, 2005, 04:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

42AeroSedan

Does anyone have any experience with their front suspension kits??  I spoke with a gentleman named Larry that is the apparent owner of the company and he seemed really helpful and knowledgable.  It seems that his kit comes as a one piece crossmember which seems to me would be an easier install.
Thanks,
Larry

58Apache

I didn't like the price going up at Global West for the pieces I needed for a Chevelle tall spindle upgrade. The price went up about $200 for a set over a year's time. The one or two others making the modified tubular upper A arms also went up in price big time shortly after that fact.

I figured it was a lack of competition and price gouging, so I contacted Spartan Rod Works and told them of the situation and seen if they could/would make them. He started making them and selling them on E-bay. I talked to others who have bought them and they said they are well made and they are happy with the product.

I'm a firm believer in suporting the little guy and competition to keep prices down and quality up.

Steve

42AeroSedan

Steve thanks for the reply.  That is the same feeling I got by just talking with them on the phone.  I talked with a few of the big names suppliers but I got the feeling from the people on the phone I was wasting their time because I hadn't made up my mind and they didn't have time to discuss it.  Oh well, I ordered the Spartan kit yesterday and look forward to getting started.

Thanks Again,
Larry