I need to make some decals for the #974 grille openings

Started by WZ JUNK, July 04, 2005, 07:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need to make some decals to represent the grille openings on the 1953 Studebaker #974.  I made a pattern of the opening size and shape but I am wondering what to use.  The black decal will have an argent or silver/chrome 1/2 " edge and a same color spear running horizontally across the middle.  I have made stuff like this in the past out of contact paper but I am wondering if it would stay on the car at speed.  Does anyone have an idea ?  I am running out of time here.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/temp-pictures/hooley-2004.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

34ford

Might try the vinyl sign companies, they do a lot of race cars around here. We use to use the silver contact paper for the numbers on our stock car back in the 70"s and it worked well and was cheap.

bob

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "34ford"Might try the vinyl sign companies, they do a lot of race cars around here. We use to use the silver contact paper for the numbers on our stock car back in the 70"s and it worked well and was cheap.

bob

... and; if you have a buddy with a drawing package, you can draw the details of bars, effects (like splattered UTAH bugs), badges etc., and they can upload that straight into the printing process.