Corvette Valve Covers

Started by Dusty, June 13, 2005, 07:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Anyone out there have a set of the early Corvette Finned Valve Covers they don't need and would be willing to part with?  I figure there is a pair hanging in a shop somewhere collecting dust.  I have an old set of Fuelie Heads that I need covers for...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

phat46

Quote from: "Dusty"Anyone out there have a set of the early Corvette Finned Valve Covers they don't need and would be willing to part with?  I figure there is a pair hanging in a shop somewhere collecting dust.  I have an old set of Fuelie Heads that I need covers for...

Which do you need, the ones with the offset hold down bolt holes or the ones with the "standard" hold down bolt holes?  I have one of each, not a pair of each, just one of each ( don't ask) if you can come up with another single, I'd be glad to help you out

Dusty

Hey Phat46...
Hold on to those valve covers.  I have a Buddy coming into town Thursday and he is supposed to have a set.  He doesn't remember which set he has.  I'll let you know...We may still be able to work ,out something...

Thanks, Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Dusty"Hey Phat46...
Hold on to those valve covers.  I have a Buddy coming into town Thursday and he is supposed to have a set.  He doesn't remember which set he has.  I'll let you know...We may still be able to work ,out something...

Thanks, Benny

Hey Benny, I may have a set I got in a swap /trade. I'll look
and let you know. near as I can remember, they are cast aluminum.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dusty

Hi again...
You that responded to my request....I need the straight across mounting bolt style, which is the later issue for heads that have the accessory mounts on the ends of the heads...

Thanks
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Scrap Fe

Benny,

I have a set that were made before the pattern broke (pre 1965)and was repaired.  The covers made after the repair have a parting line that goes through the letter "O" on Corvette perpendicular to the fins.

If you are interested send me a PM.

Dingus

The Vett covers  with the straight across holes are still available new from Chevy!!

Dusty

Thanks, Dingus...I'll look into it...

Thanks
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

Phat

Dusty   Bought a set yesterday GM restoration Parts # is 800320
Paragon 800-882-4688 also sells them Part # 301051
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

CLSSY56

Here is the staggered bolt version on my car.
Tri-5 Chevy Paint Code, Picture, Forum & Info Web Site
http://www.Tri-5Chevy.com
**V562403** - eBay

BELLM

I have a set of the staggered covers, 9 fin.  I have been told they are sorta rare.  Anyone know for sure what year used 9 fin and what theyare worth?

reborn55

Hey Travis--when you gonna clean that motor

CLSSY56

Quote from: "reborn55"Hey Travis--when you gonna clean that motor

I might Ken ;) didn't know you were on here too :) Actually it's a little dirtier now... but hey I drive it  8) Looked at the clock and it said 48K.  I bought it with 18K 2 years ago.

I can stop by your house and you can show me the proper way to clean it ;)
Tri-5 Chevy Paint Code, Picture, Forum & Info Web Site
http://www.Tri-5Chevy.com
**V562403** - eBay

reborn55

how much time do you have :wink: