Oldsmobile 303

Started by Kiwi56, June 15, 2005, 07:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwi56

Can someone help???????? I'm desperately trying to seek info on fitting a manual box to a 49 Olds 303 for my roadster. Tried emailing some companies in US but no response as yet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  (Also first time user so am I asking question in right forum??)

Grandadeo

First of all welcome to the forum.  You're in the right place but I think some of the regular posters are still suffering from road sores or jet lag and time changes from the LA Roadster Show weekend.  What are you planning to use for a transmission, early ford, stock Olds - really hard to find even over here, or late model 4 or 5 speed?  A little more info will help steer you in the right direction.  I will be using a  4 speed hydro with my 324 inch olds (1955) in a T touring because I already have it.  But they are super heavy and combined with the olds engine is a lot of weight to put between the rails.  Post what your plan is and I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Kiwi56

Thanks Lee. Since my last posting a US company called Wilcap has responded to my query. They can produce adaptors etc to fit a Muncie M20 up to my Olds so I think I'm on the right track. What do you think?

hotrodbob

There is a drag race team lead by Gene Adams who is the engine man. Kin Bates Jr. runs the front motored dragster with a 303. Running in the 7's.

They run with the Goodguys. You might contact them for Gene's address.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/