small triple rochesters + 700r4 gearbox

Started by Santa Fe Bri, June 10, 2005, 08:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe Bri

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket set up for the TV cable for the small base Rochester carbs. or has anyone made there own setup. I have a 283 SBC With Triple Roaches & 700R4 gearbox & understand Ive got to get the TV cable on the carb linkage correct otherwise Im in big trouble with the Gearbox, Does the TV cable only start to work when the two dump carbs come in to play. Thank You.         Cheers Brian

jaybee

Can't give you a lot of advice regarding geometry, but you MUST get your TV cable to the primary carb rather than just attaching to the secondaries.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Santa Fe Bri"Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket set up for the TV cable for the small base Rochester carbs. or has anyone made there own setup. I have a 283 SBC With Triple Roaches & 700R4 gearbox & understand Ive got to get the TV cable on the carb linkage correct otherwise Im in big trouble with the Gearbox, Does the TV cable only start to work when the two dump carbs come in to play. Thank You.         Cheers Brian

I would advise hooking the TV cable to the primary carb with the same geometry that is recommended for any 4 Barrel carb.  I have that information on my 700R4 pages.  The TV cable will adjust the line pressures/shift points to match the throttle settings and by getting the proper geometry you will assure that happens and save the transmission from an early death.

It usually isn't hard to modify the bell crank on the carb to do this and doesn't really take much time.  People just seem to shy away from it like it is black magic, but it isn't.

c ya, Sum

700R4 Information

Goodfoot

I use a Lokar cable set up paired with the throttle feed on my 3 deuces setup. The bracket holds both cable feeds.

Crosley.In.AZ

The TV cable needs tension on it full time .

Also needs to move with throttle on primary carb if more than one carb is in use

Quote from: "Santa Fe Bri"Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket set up for the TV cable for the small base Rochester carbs. or has anyone made there own setup. I have a 283 SBC With Triple Roaches & 700R4 gearbox & understand Ive got to get the TV cable on the carb linkage correct otherwise Im in big trouble with the Gearbox, Does the TV cable only start to work when the two dump carbs come in to play. Thank You.         Cheers Brian
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks for all the info Guys, its much appreciated. Cheers Bri 8)