Relaxing weekend YA RIGHT

Started by Dave, May 30, 2005, 07:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Spent all weekend working on the 30 A for my buddy so we can all go to the good guys event at INDY. I did take time out friday to go to Ft Wayne to get my grand daughter so friday was a wash. Saturday put the window glass in and wellded up new seat brackets. Sunday ... Finished the rear cover over the gas tank Screwed thr floor down better and other things then installed the jute pad and carpet.  Went for a ride. Nice but the steering sucked so today i fixed that. Oh ya after 12 hours saturday I mowed the lawn too. I centered the steering box and the wheel then I mounted the horns and put washers on the front shock bolts ? dunno why but they didnt have any. Then I went to the rear after saying good bye to my baby girl (grand daughter) and centered the rear and jacked up the coil overs because the tires were rubbing. The tires are too big they are 70 series and it needs 75's . Oh ya I changed the oil in the wifes car sunday too... I just finished washing my truck and its a good thing Sue is in Ft Wayne till tomorrow cause Id prolly done her car too.
Im done im shot im gonna relax  :lol:
So what did you all do
:?:
I hope your weekend went well...
Mine was good just busy but ya know im not in jail ( another post ) and I had fun.
Life is good
Dave :wink:
ps: did I tell ya I had to go for a walk with both dogs and the grand kid too :?:

enjenjo

I worked on the Concord today, new shocks, new tires, fixed the mirror, moved the exhaust so it would stop rubbing on the trailer hitch, relined the brakes. Yesterday I hauled home the COE I bought a couple weeks ago. Saturday I worked on Ken's Caddy. I stayed busy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

I was going to Springfield for the NSRA do.  But my dear wife reminded me that this year we are doing the front yard.  So, I stayed home and planted azaleas.  Good thing.  Yesterday I won a set of Buick/Olds 215 Limefire style headers on EBay with a last minute bid.  I'll pay for them with the money I saved by not going to Springfield.  No, wait.  This evening we went to Home Depot to buy a $3 water hose gizmo.  Wound up spending $180 and that was with the 10% special Memorial Day military discount.  Guess I have to dig up one of those fruit jars in the back yard.  Where did I hide the map.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

kb426

I've had a serious oil leak on the 53. The engine is an 83. Ford had a seal change mid year. There's  no tag so I didn't know what it is. So I bought both styles. The plan was to remove the trans to see if it's the one piece. Turned out that it was. I put the new seal in and got everything else ready to reinstall. One of my friends was in a town where the parts stores were open. She  picked up a trans seal that I forgot to buy but didn't come back in time for me to put the trans back in.  On saturday I changed chains and sprockets on 2 cycles. I pulled the dash on my son's Neon  twice trying to fix a speedometer problem that I was unsuccessful in repairing. So I 'm about 50%.  I guess I should be happy with any progress anymore.  As it was, the weather was poor so the outdoor activities weren't missed too much. I watched Indy also. Best race I've seen in years. Lots of lead changes.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

yard work....

last week I trenched the area near the back patio of the  house.

this weekend , I finished some hand digging around previously installed pipes to install the new pipes.. I installed the PVC pipe and heads.  Flushed the systems, install spray heads.....several trips to Home depot

back filled the dirt in all areas , set the heads.  Decided to move 2 heads for better coverage.... next weekend project.

finished the install of a hose bib, concrete around the post for the hose bib and sprinkler valves on other side of the yard.

hooked up the wires to the sprinkler valves.

dug up a smalll bush and moved it  to the back yard.

Strong winds on saturday eve broke half of a mesquite tree in my front yard.  Spent near 5 hours sunday cutting the tree apart and running the pieces through the chipper.  The tree was about 20 feet tall, now it is 10 feet tall. A major branch was broken.  I hope the tree survives.

Work on cars?  what is that?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Well, instead of going to Springfield, I took off from work Wednesday afternoon, all day Thursday, and all day Friday. Long weekend for me since I was off today too. Went in the '40 on Wednesday afternoon to the Nissan celebration (another post); Thursday - Friday, worked on one room in the house organizing things. We had redone a storage room last Fall and so things were put into another room to empty that room so that we could work in there. So had to move things back. Friday afternoon, worked on swapping out one vent window gasket on the driver's side of the '40. Saturday night, went to my car club's cruise night, then cruised around town a little bit since I could drive my car again. Rained after I got back home that night. Didn't even make it home from church before it started raining again and rained most of the day on Sunday. Today I went to a Memorial Day celebration at one of my friend's houses an hour away. Did not drive the '40 because I thought the rain was going to come back...it didn't while I was out...would have been a nice cruise in it. Got back home tonight and it rained, then it rained, then it rained some more.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Ohio Blue Tip

Took Friday afternoon off and worked on my 34.  
Saturday morning took a 150 mile trip with Charlie Chops to Frankenmuth for breakfast. (40 Chevy, top down)  :D  
Saturday afternoon worked on 34.  
Saturday night ate 20 Bluegill fillets at neighbor's cookout. :shock:
Sunday watched the race and worked on the 34.
Monday cleaned garage and worked on the 34.
Tuesday, back to the salt mines. :(
Someday I'll be able to drive this driver, maybe?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rooster

Sunday helped son jurk the rearend from the 49 chevy and set the firebird rear in place, missing the bottom plates, ended there!

Monday had sons Graduation party, 24 brats, 24 thick bigers, 100 wings, should have invited Ken!

phat46

Long weekend here; A friend and I left home just before midnight on Friday and drove the 550 miles to deer camp in the U.P. Arrived at about 8:30 a.m. local time (camp is in Central Time zone, home is Eastern time).
We weed whacked the area around camp and started in on projects. Over the weekend we shingled the bunkhouse and painted the door and all the trim, jacked up and leveled the 50 ft. house trailer we use as the main cabin; set a new electric pole (16' pressure treated 6X6) into a 4' deep hole. I also had the get our '40 Allis Chalmers tractor out of moth balls and install the repaired magneto  that had left us stranded in the wood on the last day of the season last fall.  The tractor started like we had had it out the day before!! We had time to check out all the local parts cars parked in the neighboring abandoned farm and took a drive to a little city about 15 miles from camp and found a stash of old tin in an abandoned house back yard!!!  Gotta check that out better when i can talk to a local guy who might know who owns it.... It took 11 hours to drive home today, we stopped at all the places we usually drive by, like the Marble knife store near their factory by Escanaba. A lot of work this weekend but at the same time very relaxing...now back to getting up at 4 a.m. to go to the salt mine for ten hours... :lol: