TH700R Shifting prob

Started by casperlcaf, May 28, 2005, 03:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casperlcaf

This question is prob gonna seem elementary to you guys with Trans exp.
85 Camaro, with TH700R trans. The trans shifts from 1st to 2nd when the speed gets around 30mph (I have no tac) sometimes hard some times soft but still noticable. Then shifts from 2nd to 3rd around 40-45, some times you notice that shift some times not its softer than the 1st shift.
When comming to a stop sometimes you will feel it hit hard like someone bumped your car when it down shifts to a stop.
Changed Fluid and filter same prob. I noticed a 3 wire 4 prong plug on the drivers side of the trans. I disconnected and drove and had same results, replugged in no diffrence.
This problem resulted when I went to go pass someone and it never was the same after.
Any ideas before I burn the tranny up?

Crosley.In.AZ

you need to check the TV cable adjustment at the carb.  Full pull of the TV cable at WOT is the setting you need.

the 700r4  TV cable is what many folks incorrectly call a kickdown cable.  Kick down cables were on the old t-350 trannys.

If the cable is adjusted correctly when you check it.... then , while the engine is running with the shifter  in park  pull only this TV cable at the carb. Use pliers if needed

Pull the cable out and release it several times.  sometimes an internal valve the TV cable moves  will stick and this may free  the valve  up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

casperlcaf

Yep that did the trick thanxs!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "casperlcaf"Yep that did the trick thanxs!

good to hear that
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)