Dyno Results

Started by Mikej, May 26, 2005, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

I went to a car show in Sioux City, Ia last weekend and ran my car on a wheel dyno there. I have a BBC 454+ .030. Daryle ask what I thought it would do before we started and I said I would be happy with 300HP at the wheels. The first pull was 301 @ 4800. I was right in the ballpark. The second pull was 309@ 5000. We ran it up to 5500 rpm but it peaked right at the 5000 mark. 136 mph at 5000 and 145 at 5500. The torque was 440 ftlb between 3300 - 3900 rpm.They adjusted the HP to 401 at the engine for what ever that is worth. This was on 91 octane gas and under 180 engine temp.
 I also ate supper with Daryle and Denise and had a great time as always. His 36 is looking good. It is going to look good no matter what color he paints the dash and garnish moldings.

EMSjunkie

Not too shabby!  :D

decent numbers, for an old corn fed boy  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

That old 3 Winder sounded pretty tough on the Dyno!Sure wish I wouldn't have gotten sucked into working so I could have stuck around!Anyway...we enjoyed your company at dinner after the show and look forward to getting together again soon!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

btrc

Sounds pretty good, Mike.  I suppose they had the same Dyno that was there last year.  I wish I could have made it.  About 10:00 AM I found out we wern't going to move my daughter's stuff out of her house.
 Hope to see you somewhere this year, but I don't know where it will be.

Bob
Bob

Mikej

Missed you, Saturday. And yes, I believe it was the same Dyno. Are you coming this way to any shows.