A little Progress

Started by 40, May 17, 2005, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well....I've been as busy as a 3-legged cat in a litter box with work but have managed to work on the 36 a bit.Attached are a couple of photos taken when I unloaded it from the upholstery shop.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

cre8tor

Black and red will never be dead !  8)  8)

Very Nice indeed. Looks like your nearly there, just in time for summer time cruisin huh.

Cheers,

Mark.

btrc

Daryle,
  It looks like that new shop did OK.  When people see this they are going to get busy like everyone else and no one will be able to get anything done there either.  I'm looking forward to seeing this later this summer, if not this weekend.  Of course I haven't even seen your 40 yet.

Bob
Bob

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "40"Well....I've been as busy as a 3-legged cat in a litter box with work but have managed to work on the 36 a bit.Attached are a couple of photos taken when I unloaded it from the upholstery shop.

Looks great Daryle,
Timeless combination.

sal37

Looking good Daryle.  Will you be taking it to Louisville this year?? or is that putting the pressure on too much!!  Keep the photos coming.

Steve

Gilles

A 36 Ford coupe is the car I dream to have one one day...black with red interior it looks very good.

Gilles  :D

rumrumm

Lookin' good! Love those roll and pleat interiors.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Bob K

So now are you going to change your name to 36???? LOL  :lol: LOL :lol:

B :evil: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

HotRodLadyCrusr

That looks GREAT Daryle!  What's the seat out of?  I like the fact that it folds for easy access to the rear.  Looking forward to seeing it in DesMoines if you don't sell it first :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Thanks for the comments....for those of you that are familiar with the saga....It's taken awhile ! Bob,when I first began fooling around on car related internet sites...I was 40 years old and had a 1940 Ford....seemed natural to use 40.Though I will never see 40 again age wise,I'll probably never be very long without a 40 in the shop so I think I'll always be 40! Mine was only the 3rd car out of this interior shop....the fellow has only been in business a very short while...recently graduated from Wyo-Tech.He finished the car in the 3 week time frame,charged me exactly what was quoted and I think did a nice job.I am trying to have the 36 ready for The 50's in June...Goodguys in Des Moines may be more realistic.....definitely finished for Louisville.....Steve,If you and Neil are coming over again,you guys can borrow it for the weekend! Denise,The seat is from ISC (Interior Supply Company) in Texas....It turned out OK but took some modification to get it right.For the next car,I'll definitely pony up the extra $200 and buy another Glide seat.The seat does fold forward and I had 2 compartments with doors made behind the seat...one will serve as a glove compartment/storage and the other will house the battery.Instead of tearing the trunk apart (like my 40),If I have a battery problem,the seat will fold forward and I can directly access the battery.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Daryle, It looks super!!! 8)   I can't wait to see it in person, I promise I will keep my trap shut and just bask in it's beauty for the whole time I'm there!!  lol   I had some surgery a while back and was off work for a short time but am back at work puttin in extra time to catch up since being promoted to the mixer man for the sprayers, a lot of looong days and short nights.  Don't think we'll make it up to your local show and cook out :cry:  You and Denise always have a splendid cook out, we'll definately miss it for sure.  We do plan on being in Des Moines with Chad's T bucket as we haven't had much time to work on the 40 yet this year :roll:  oh well some day it will hit the road again.  Any way keep up the good work on the coupe and if it rains again some weekend we may drive up for a visit!!  Catch ya later!!  Bill

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sal37

Thanks for your very generous offer Daryle.  I would love to take you up on it but it won't be this year unfortunately.  I have some house extensions and renovations commencing in the next couple of months so timing and money are a problem.
Thanks again
Steve

beatnik

Daryle that looks freaking great! Glad to see your getting closer to the end on this one.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand