62 Ford wagon

Started by parklane, May 23, 2005, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parklane

My son recently bought a 62 Ford wagon and wants to get it in the weeds, and install  disc brakes at the same time, He is going to run a SBF/C4 combo,and keep the original rear end. Any ideas for the front?? :?  TIA

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

kb426

I've seen ads for a company that specializes in Ford components. They had some dropped spindles, I juts don't remember  for what application. They were in Street rodder and Street rod builder I think. I'm sorry for my useless memory. If you can't find it, send me a pm and I'll go dig through the stacks until I find the ad.
TEAM SMART

junkyardjeff

I dont know if droppped spindles are made for those years but you might want to contact fatmans,77-9 thunderbird,cougar and ltdII disc spindles will bolt on but I think you have to use the outer tierod ends from the donor car.     I think 74 to 76 torino and related spindles will work too,if fatman has dropped spindles for it they might be made to use granada brakes which might be a little small for the wagon,the frame on the 62 is identicle to a 63 or 64 so 289 mounts from them will bolt in any smallblock ford.  Jeff

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems like enjenjo mapped this disc brake thing out for someone a while back ... ayear or so
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

There are two Granada brake setups, both discs, one about 10.5", the other 11". the spindles both mount the same, and will fit a 62 Ford, I think that is new enough the ball joints will both work. It also drops the front of the car about 1" The smaller one, 10.5 was used on Maverick, Granada, Comet, and Monarch,  The 11" was on Granada, monarch, Versaille, LTDII, Montego, Torino, and some early 80's Tbird and Cougars.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.