Re: Weekend project

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 06, 2004, 12:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

I have never used that insulation, yet.

Is it cellulose, fiberglass, or ???

Is it fire-resistant, or treated with a fire-retardant?

Instead of using the blower, can't you just buy a few hundred more packages, and set the bales in place like bricks?  :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Bib_Overalls

I blew about 25 bales of that stuff into the attic of my cabin.  It is not particularly hard to do.  Takes two people.  One to feed the machine and one to man the hose.  Both of you need to wear dust masks.  You may find it helpful to rig up a couple of extra lights.  Work safe.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

58 Yeoman

A real piece of cake, Tony.  Just keep the hose low and parallel to the floor. I use one a couple weeks ago to do the walls in my house, then used the left overs to top off the insulation in the attic.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Jimc

When I built my shop, I called around pricing the insullation, bats for the walls and blown for the attic.
It would have cost me just over three hundred Amellican dollars.
I called an insulation company, and got a bid of $216.00.
I sic'd them on it. The two guys were about an hour and a half and took the wrappers and bags with them when they left.
And I just love watching someone else work, especially when it cost less than a DIy job.

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

58 Yeoman

I think Tony is tired of 'other guys' doing his work. How's the doorbell working, Tony?  :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Sean

So how bad are you itching now?

Sean

Quote from: "Crosley"Now I need to get the a/c installed , by May it will be what many snow belt folks consider toooo hot

Heat doesn't bother me too bad, its the Humidity that makes it intolerable. I went to visit family in Southwest Kansas one year when they were having a Heatwave. It was staying right around 105 and they were whining about the heat, but coming from Missouri where it was 95 and 90% Humidity, it felt pretty nice to me...

I've never been to Arizona, but I have an Aunt in Phoenix, and my Grandma lives in Sun City. I'll have to make a trip out there one of these days. They act like Arizona is paradise, but I can't see why anybody would want to leave the Ozarks for the Desert...

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Sean"but coming from Missouri where it was 95 and 90% Humidity, it felt pretty nice to me...

They act like Arizona is paradise, but I can't see why anybody would want to leave the Ozarks for the Desert...

Sean I think you answered your own question.  I grew up outside St. Louis and I've only been back once during the summer in the last 30 years or so.  A couple years ago I was visiting my mom in Branson in late May and it was in the 90's and I thought boy the humidity isn't what I remember it.  That was one fluke day.  The next day I was sweating standing still.  We often have mid to high 90's where I live, but is is quite bearable if you stay out of the sun.

c ya, Sum