Chevy pick up in the shop

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 13, 2005, 09:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We had this little truck in the shop.  

Big chevy for power, I do not have the numbers on the engine. Big Mickey tires on the back end of the truck.

Some of you folks that have been around or built motors that produce large amount of hp.... you know that these engines sound different from a warmed up or hot street engine. Not just a rumpity cam.  The sound, the rumble, the exhaust tone, throttle response  tells you

This truck had that sound. Soon as I heard the bbc start once the truck was off the transporter, I knew there was some serious HP there.

The truck could scare the P-ditty out of most folks.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Crosley"
Some of you folks that have been around or built motors that produce large amount of hp.... you know that these engines sound different from a warmed up or hot street engine. Not just a rumpity cam.  The sound, the rumble, the exhaust tone, throttle response  tells you

...Soon as I heard the bbc start, I knew there was some serious HP there.

Last week, I had my first up-close & personal encounter with an original Ford GT40.  

The sound coming from that little 289 was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!

....The crispness of the exhaust notes and the smell of high-octane fuel was a delight to the senses!
....This was no poser!

This was one of 5 originals built for street use, but was later converted to race specs and raced in vintage racing events.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

Tony, there is some outlaw/street car racing tonight at Firebird.

Unsure of how good it will be, but it sounds like it will be good
2-7pm are the 10.5" tire classes with rules, 7-? is the run what you brung with no tree and no clocks.  I expect to seem some fast stuff.

I know that twin turbo Camaro will be there and if he goes Im sure that green 69 Camaro will be there too.  I expect to see some doorslammers in the 8's and 9's

These knuckleheads are setting it up www.scandalousracing.com