Well it's fungus time again

Started by purplepickup, May 05, 2005, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "SKR8PN"GEORGE.......old buddy,old pal, old friend :lol:  :lol:
Could you "hook a brutha up" if you happen to locate a few "extras"????????
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

As a mushroom guy of long standing, I can tell you, there is no such thing as "extra" mushrooms. I would have to think long and hard, before I would let my mother have some of my stash. :lol:

psilocybin?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Fat Cat

Heard a report on Paul Harvey today of a morel that had a 12" stalk and a 14" top. Weighed just over a pound.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I believe River1 would be the guy outta this group that I would share a pizza with........ "meat lovers" only anyone???
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

I wouldn't eat one of those gross looking suckers on a bet....That said,I really enjoy mushroom hunting!One of the new homes I'm currently building is along the Missouri River....The homeowner has a boat docked below his current residence and offered to shuttle us over to a very large island to do a little hunting.A couple of the guys that work for me love to eat those"Toad Stools" so off we went.We filled 3 5-gallon buckets in about 3 hours...nothing of tremendous size...most were about the size of the ones pictured in George's post and a few a bit larger.They were all found in the sand and required a good bit of cleaning to ready them for the cooker.I couldn't care less about the mushrooms but while walking the island we saw a pair of twin whitetail fawns,a mother Canadian goose with her 1/2 dozen goslings,a pair of gorgeous Bald Eagles and a huge Tom Turkey....a very enjoyable walk after a long day of pounding nails!The electrician I have working on this job showed us a photo taken with his cell phone of a huge mushroom that he had found earlier in the week... the head was about the size of a softball and the stem was about 6 or 7 inches long....that was a big sucker!! Athletes feet is a fungus....you guys should really reconsider what you put in your mouth :shock: Not to take this thread in the wrong direction...but...How's the foot doing George??I assume you've made a full recovery since you're Fungus Hunting!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I believe River1 would be the guy outta this group that I would share a pizza with........ "meat lovers" only anyone???

mmmmmmmmmm  meat lovers

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

SKR8PN

Could you "hook a brutha up" if you happen to locate a few "extras"????????
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

As a mushroom guy of long standing, I can tell you, there is no such thing as "extra" mushrooms. I would have to think long and hard, before I would let my mother have some of my stash. :lol:

Ya,I know Frank..............but it never hurts to ask! :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

slocrow

Quote from: "tomslik"psilocybin?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Cow pies anyone.......
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

purplepickup

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "n.c.rodder"P. S. By the way, who carrys a camera in the woods when they go "Mushroom Picking" :?:

i believe that george carries his camera ALL the time.

jim
You've got that about right Jim.  I'm recording memories and it's easier than writing a journal.  I think I'm well over 5,000 pictures. :D

Quote from: "tomslik"oh yeah, i spent a long day ,many miles chasing down a chevy pu cab in some really uninteresting scenery, bring it home so purp can come get it at his leisure and he don't even show me his mushroom!
thank god!

but those things in the skillet look goooooooooooood!
I'm beginnin' to wonder about you :shock:

Quote from: "Crosley"then he sold the cab
Not!!  It's sitting safe and sound right next to my sedan.

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Could you "hook a brutha up"

....there is no such thing as "extra" mushrooms.... :lol:

Ya,I know Frank..............but it never hurts to ask! :lol:  :lol:

I just got back from a few more days at the cabin and I did get a pretty good haul....no extras tho :lol:  :wink:

Here's a picture of last night's supper...ribeyes cooked over apple wood in the wood stove...charred on the outside and medium rare on the inside.....with a big pile of morels in the center.  I can't believe I ate the whole thing.  Indescribable! 8)

I know.....to you vegetarians and anti fungus people this will probably make you puke. HA HA!  You just don't know what you're missing :D

George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well the meat certainly looks good :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

slocrow

Quote from: "purplepickup"I know.....to you vegetarians

"vegetarian" - Isn't that an old Indian word for poor hunter :D ....
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sirstude

Up in the Flathead area (north west from here) the Morel's are such big stuff, they carry guns, and there are ususally a couple of incidents each year.  No one killed yet.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dirk35

Geeze George!!!!
That looks sooooooooooo yummy! Im on a diet to lose 15 pound in three weeks and am starving! I gotta get a tissue to wipe the marks off my screen where I was licking the picture of it.

n.c.rodder

I did sneak out for about an hour yesterday, only found 15. I still think its a little early up here in the northern parts. Should be dandy in about another week.
Till we meet - On the street