No Room for condenser?

Started by Mr34, May 10, 2005, 08:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr34

Does any one have any pictorial examples of cars/ 4WDs (thats SUVs fro you americans!) or anything that shows engine bays or radiator areas that have no room at all for a condenser.
I am doing a little project on heat exchangers and i figure there must be alot of cars that just physically have no room. People like Vintage air sell remote condensers so plenty of people must have the problem. I'm thinking, Amodels, rear or mid engined sports cars, cars with engine transplants etc etc

I have a few pictures of cars with big intercoolers in front of the radiator which are a good example, but they are drag cars and so really have no need for AC!

Soooooo, thanks in advance, you can email to me cyclone_racing@hotmail.com

WZ JUNK

I built a 1931 Dodge Sedan a couple of years ago and used two of the remote condensers.  Each one mounted at a slight angle on either side of the driveshaft just in front of the rear end.  It was a plumbers nightmare but it work great.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Mr34

Could you tell me what the reason was for not using a front mount condenser? and do you have any old photos layin about..

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Mr34"Could you tell me what the reason was for not using a front mount condenser? and do you have any old photos layin about..

The way the Dodge was built there was no room for a condenser in front of the radiator.  We had a special radiator made to fit the shell and there was no room left.  I will look for pictures but I do not recall taking any of the condensers.  The car is long gone.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH