Anybody have any pictures of fenderless 35 fords?

Started by 348tripower, March 02, 2004, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I got another crazy idea about maybe running the 35 without fenders? I am looking for some pictures of how it might look. I also have a thought of making it a changeable thing.
Don Colliau

choco

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

choco

This is what it looks like today, with new owner....
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

DRD57

Quote from: "348tripower"I got another crazy idea about maybe running the 35 without fenders? I am looking for some pictures of how it might look. I also have a thought of making it a changeable thing.

To my way of thinking most 35/6 hiboys that I've seen don't look quite right. This one is the exception. A couple of things that this one has that set it apart are: The front axle has been kicked forward a few inches which increased the wheelbase and gave it a little mor balance. The narrow nose and paint go a long way toward the race car theme which also makes the whole look come together. This would be real hard to pull of as "switch back to fenders on a whim"  conversion.

Bib_Overalls

Took these pictures last year at the Sonic cruise in Memphis.  Looks like the car in Don's post but it does not have the numbers on the side.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Pope Downunder

Try these references from my database; these are all in Street Rodder.  Sorry about the format loss. Note date format is dd/mm/yy.

5W Coupe, Highboy   Homer Krohn Jr.   19/06   1/06/90   Yellow, Ford 302W, Halibrands
Roadster, Highboy   Mike Baliestiero                 26/11     1/11/97   Red, Custom, Chev TPI, Billet
Roadster, Highboy   "Jim ""Bones"" Noteboom"   32/03   1/03/03   "Cream, Orange flames, Chev, Colorado Custom 18"""
Roadster, Highboy   Lenni Biondi           32/03                               1/03/03   Ex Sebastion Rubbo, Black, Flathead, Steelies, WW

348tripower

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm getting some pretty good ideas weather I do go fenderless or not. :lol:
Don Colliau

DRD57

I forgot about Bones' 35. That's another one with the front axle moved forward.