Simple Overhead Trolly System

Started by Bib_Overalls, March 04, 2004, 12:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

If you change out an old overhead garage door don't throw the tracks or the rollers away.  With a litte tubing and a few minutes welding you can make an overhead trolly system like the one shown.  This kind of system is not suitable for moving heavy loads but if it is properly secured to the ceiling it will support the weight of doors, hoods, and other awkward stuff while it is being painted.  Since the trollys move they can be adjusted for width.  Multiple objects can be painted and then moved to the side to dry as necessary.  This system is in the paint booth at Darwin's Hot Rod Shop.  There are similiar systems in several home shops around here as well
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

SKR8PN

Thanks Bib. That is a sweet idea.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

flt-blk

I bet  you could ride that across the shop too.  
A new way to get over the piles of junk to the hot rod.
TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

purplepickup

Thanks Steve.  I've been tripping over an old 8' overhead door and tracks that I saved when I tore down my old garage.  Now if I can find a use for the panels.......hmmm.....shelves!   Well, that takes care of one pile of junk.....only a couple hundred more to go.  Keep the tips coming  :lol:
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "flt-blk"I bet  you could ride that across the shop too.  
A new way to get over the piles of junk to the hot rod.
TZ

With two of them, we could do races  :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

That's pretty cool!  Just like those GMC pickups I'd go so far as to say "professional grade."

Races?  Somehow I can just hear my wife saying "and you didn't think this could turn into a problem?"
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)