Hooley update

Started by sal37, April 28, 2005, 07:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

Hey WZ Junk how is Hooley going with the orange streak.  Any progress? or is it all top secret :lol: :lol:
Steve

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "sal37"Hey WZ Junk how is Hooley going with the orange streak.  Any progress? or is it all top secret :lol: :lol:
Steve

New blown engine is at the machine shop.  Car now has a complete belly pan.  I am to start soon making a one piece removable front end.  I also will modify the front for a full hood scoop from the front of the car to the top above the windshield.  Sumner was here two weeks ago and we spent a lot of time talking about the changes in the car.  We plan to go ludicrous speed this year.

The fastest man, Tom Burkland has been giving us some advise and we are very grateful for his time and help.

Thanks for asking.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

Mock up of scoop.  Dummy blower motor in car.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

sal37

Thanks for the update WZ Junk.  I am not sure how fast ludicrous is but it sounds fast :lol: .  Looks like the team might break the record this year, fingers crossed.  Keep us up to date as work progresses on the project.

Steve

Crosley.In.AZ

sounds like more fun to be had....!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

_Drewfus_

Top stuff, very much looking forward to visiting B'ville in August.

Do you have any more shot's of the car handy?

Cheers,

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

1FATGMC

Quote from: "_Drewfus_"Top stuff, very much looking forward to visiting B'ville in August.

Do you have any more shot's of the car handy?

Cheers,

Drewfus

Try this :  207 mph with Hooley  

c ya in Aug,

Sum

_Drewfus_

Thanks for that......c'mon August.

Cheers,

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

Crosley.In.AZ

I had seen the photos but not the  web page........

kool!

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Try this :  207 mph with Hooley  

c ya in Aug,

Sum
Tony

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
New blown engine is at the machine shop.    We plan to go ludicrous speed this year.
A few questions to close any loop-hole in the information. Is this blown engine on gas or fuel? What size is it? What class will the car be in this year? What is the record? GPster

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
New blown engine is at the machine shop.    We plan to go ludicrous speed this year.
A few questions to close any loop-hole in the information. Is this blown engine on gas or fuel? What size is it? What class will the car be in this year? What is the record? GPster

I think we want to keep a few details out of the public domain for a while.  I will try to email you, Joe, a little later in the weekend and give you some details.  We will be posting updates on the changes to the car at Sumner' site in the near future at http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/temp-pictures/hooley-2004.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

river1

hey hooley is going all the way to bonneville to get blown hehehe

hey john how about sending me that email as well.

see you on the salt.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"hey hooley is going all the way to bonneville to get blown hehehe

later jim

actually he is gettin blown is his garage and on  the salt too
Tony