352 FE ford?

Started by Nick32Vic, April 22, 2005, 12:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

Well, im looking at a car that apparently has a 352 FE in it? I have no idea what FE means, are they decent motors? Basically im looking for general info on this engine.

Thanks,
Nick

rooster

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Well, im looking at a car that apparently has a 352 FE in it? I have no idea what FE means, are they decent motors? Basically im looking for general info on this engine.

Thanks,
Nick

Sure its not 351 FI (fuel injection)?

See ya at Riverport

kb426

The fe series has the side on the intake manifold under the valve cover about 1". This series starts out in 1958. Was produced in the following sizes: 332,352,360,390,410,406,427,428. Are thsy a good engine? Not as powerful as newer models, pretty heavy, limited aftermarket parts, kinda pricey.  Those of us that grew up with them found them to be reliable, common for parts. They respond to upgrades well.
TEAM SMART

beatnik

There heavy, but ther good engines Nick, The 352 was one of the first in FE engines and basically the same as the 427's and 390's all the Cobra kit cars guys use in there replicas, so there is a following, and Edelbrock makes heads and intakes for them as well.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

348tripower

As you guys type, Roush Industries is working up a new line of FE crate motors. Just talked to my pal Red over there and he is finish the parts lists.
:lol: Don

Quote from: "kb426"The fe series has the side on the intake manifold under the valve cover about 1". This series starts out in 1958. Was produced in the following sizes: 332,352,360,390,410,406,427,428. Are thsy a good engine? Not as powerful as newer models, pretty heavy, limited aftermarket parts, kinda pricey.  Those of us that grew up with them found them to be reliable, common for parts. They respond to upgrades well.
Don Colliau

mopar2dr

Owned a few of these in my time. Lots of torque in the low end. The new Street Rodder has an article about Jack Roush crate engines and the FE series is mentioned.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Jbird

For more info go to     <Ford FE.com>
     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

enjenjo

Oh, yeah, the FE, stands for Ford/ Edsel. The other engine they were building at the time, the 383/430, was a MEL. Mercury/Edsel/Lincoln
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Ford Fe motors...... freakin huge intake mannifolds.

Watch the aluminum intakes ( aftermarket)  , they like to crack internally.  Seen several over the years
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

btrc

They're right, big heavy engines with huge intake manifolds.  I've got a 427/ 425HP 2 4 barrel version in my Cobra.  They are pretty reliable engines and you can get stuff for them but it is spendy.  The car you are looking at may have something other than a 352 in it as I believe they all had the numbers 352 cast in their block.  Could be a 390 or 428.

Bob
Bob

junkyardjeff

I have two with 352 motors,a 66 F250 with a 2 bbl motor and it runs good and will run on regular and my 65 custom 500 has a 4 bbl version and I think its perkier then the 390 in my 65 country squire but likes premium as its got 10-1 compression.  Jeff

Nick32Vic

Wow, thanks for all the info guys. Thats exactly what i was looking for.

Nick