727 transmission problems can anyone help?

Started by slider, May 08, 2005, 09:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

heres the set up. dodge dart 360 with a 727. column shift with 904 linkages. hughes rebuild kit with a transgo shift kit.

first problem would shift into first under hard or soft pedal. second around 40 wouldn't shift into 3rd until 70- 80 if at all.

my fix..adjust tv adjust screw to .800 was about an inch out the PR adjustment was in 5 turns from flush so turned it back flush. the tv rod from the carb was hitting the shift lever so ground the arm to clear. also added to the the tv lever coming out of the trans to clear the shift lever guess 904 links and 727 are different. set the tv rod as per book stick drill in holes and hold lever full forward. adjusted tv rod at carb to sit about 1/4 back at idle. book said flush but read the longer the rod harder the shift and was already shifting to hard.

problem now.... starts off like its in 3rd gear no shifting what so ever soft or hard pedal can shift it manually though.

my fix..??????

a few questions.
with my current set up the tv adjust is at .800 but the tv rod wont push tv valve (transgo said to grind stem to .281) in all the way no matter how i adjust the rod. does this plunger need to be fully engaged at full throttle or at any time?

according to transgo the tv adjust screw stated that some trans upshift to early so start with tv adjust screw at .800 and screw clockwise (in) to make shifts later so do i need to take the screw out again?

any other suggestions or advice would be great!!

so there you have it can anyone figure this out? ask more questions if you need more info and hopefully i can give it to you.
Thanks slider