CHEVY CHASSIS

Started by rx4ord, April 06, 2005, 06:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx4ord

Can any one help.A mate needs the line drawings and chassis measurements for a Chevy.Is there a site with chassis plans and dimensions to look at? From memory it is a '38 sedan but any help would be appreciated.Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

cyberrodder

I have never seen one.
But I do have a break down schematic of one, in my chev parts book.
I'll see if I can get it up here in the next day.
What does he want to know?
I have a 37chev but I have a 38/39 chassis in storage there all the same except for a couple of different hangers.

cyber
37 chev sedan
28 chev pu
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

rx4ord

Thanks Cyber. He actually wants the dimension/measurements for the whole chassis,fussy bugger. I have the Chev book  for 1929 to 1954 with every part in it but it shows everything except measurements. If you can help it will be great.Dave

cyberrodder

Ok, I'll do the 37 should be sufficent. If not then let me know asap as I am going to castlemaine on Sunday and my 39 chassis is on a farm not far from there.  Is there anything particular he is after?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

rx4ord

Thanks Cyber. I've got a club meeting tonight and will ask him the details and get back to you tomorrow.Dave

cyberrodder

I have some figures, hopefully I can get some time to draw them up today.
Unfortunately my home broadband is down and more than likely will be down over the weekend.

did u find out what he was after?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

rx4ord

Yes I did find out. It is a 36 standard sedan and any measurements will be very helpful.If someone has a detailed plan with measurements it would be great.Dave

cyberrodder

yeah but what is he after?
I can provide bracket info where the firewall is supposed to be, length wide at various areas thats not a problem.
Look I'll do an image and put as much detail on it as I can.
then he can take it from there.

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

58 Yeoman

This is probably what you're looking for?  But, of course, for your Chevy.  This one is in my repro repair manual for my Poncho.  Surely, this same type of drawing would be in a Chevy manual?  Anyone have a Chevy manual?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

cyberrodder

I have seen many a ford one, for just about every year and have some, but I have never seen a chevy one.

I had just recently bought the parts guide for ford and chev hoping for something like it but nothing.

Even on the old manuals website there is nothing.

does anyone no it exists?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

chris spokes

8)hi dave  i've been chasing a body service manual for years now so good luck anyway i have both 36 standard and master sedans and the chassis are so much different from each other even though they are both 36's so if i can help with anything just ask

chris
he who has the most toys wins

rx4ord

Thanks 58 Yeoman,Cyberand Chris.What he wants is what Yeoman posted but for a 36 standard sedan as we have found out they do differ in dimensions to the other models in the same year.If someone has the pic of the 36 with all the dimensions as Yeoman showed that would be the ducks guts.Chris,I have got the Chevrolet Master Parts and Accessories Catalogue which covers 1929 to 1954.It has photos of every single part for those models in one book of 781 pages.If you need info from it I am only too happy to oblige.It has line drawings of every chassis but no dimensions for them.....Bugger. Thanks for your interest.Dave