Gennie Shifters - FMX

Started by halfdone, April 05, 2005, 07:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halfdone

I have a Gennie shifter for a T400

I want to fit it too the FMX in my F1 pickup

Brackets are no problem, I can make them. (photo would help!)
Might even try floor mounting it, like the new Lokar

What I am not sure about is if the detent plate in the shifter is the same?

I know the same detent plate is used for T400 and T350, but is there a different one for FMX?

The Gennie Shifter web site I have found has NO content

I thought that before I get up in the middle of the night and ring them in the USA I would see if any of you guy's have any info?

Anyone got a Gennie catalogue or parts list? I remember seing a full list of spare parts that they publish, but I don't have a copy.

Mark

enjenjo

The FMX detent plate would be different than a 400 or 350 turbo, but would be the same as a C6.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "halfdone"I have a Gennie shifter for a T400

I want to fit it too the FMX in my F1 pickup

Brackets are no problem, I can make them. (photo would help!)
Might even try floor mounting it, like the new Lokar

What I am not sure about is if the detent plate in the shifter is the same?

I know the same detent plate is used for T400 and T350, but is there a different one for FMX?

The Gennie Shifter web site I have found has NO content

I thought that before I get up in the middle of the night and ring them in the USA I would see if any of you guy's have any info?

Anyone got a Gennie catalogue or parts list? I remember seing a full list of spare parts that they publish, but I don't have a copy.

Mark

A friend put a C4 one onto a TH350, and 'Gennie' was able to supply just the mounting bracket.  Maybe they could advise and send the detent plate etc. as well.

halfdone

There are two web sites out there for them, on with CA contact details and one with no address

Anyone know which is current?

I will try the email address on the non-CA one tonight (can't use work email for non-business stuff)

btrc

You might be aboe to get a kit from them to make the switch.  I converted my C6 Lokar shifter to an AOD setup with a kit from Lokar that just had the trans shift arm, mounting brackets, shift rod and a new insert for the shifter ball.

Bob
Bob