In the middle of nowhere.....

Started by Sean, March 02, 2004, 02:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Smack in the middle of Nowhere, and its all for sale. He has some pretty cool stuff thats not for sale too.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Maybe a road trip to there is in order when we're all in MO for the HAMB Drags in Aug?  Maybe WZJunk can plan the siteseeing route on that Friday to include that place.  I know I'd love to see them in person.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Sean

I imagine WZJUNK would be lost up here, but if anybody is interested in the stuff, I'd be glad to lead them to it.

I don't know how he would react to a "Tour". Although I didn't think his prices were bad, he does collect these with the intention of selling them. I guess if he thought it would increase his chances of selling something, he wouldn't mind people wandering around.

He had a few Original race cars in the back that aren't for sale. I think one was a T and the other was an A. He said one of them came from Mexico. The rear end of the body was hand fabricated and kind of boat-tail shaped. I couldn't tell exactly what it was because the grille shell wasn't on it.

He also has a Phaeton? 4 Door A with suicide rear doors, and a convertible top. The top was gone, but the rest of the car was in good shape. Also has some kind of Ford truck with a wooden body, but I don't remember what he called it. It had been rebuilt by somebody and he had it loaded full of Camping Gear. I guess thats what he uses it for.

40 Chev Coupe

Didn't happen to see any 34 Chev coupes out there did you?

40 Chev Coupe

Didn't happen to see any 34 Chev coupes out there did you?

Sean

No 30's Chevy cars. Punky said he mainly drags in A's because they're still easy to find. He said whenever you find the older Chevy stuff in Missouri, its usually fallen into a pile. Something about wood structure on the inside of them?

He did have a Chevy truck from the 30's and several Chevys from the 50's and 60's. Had some Mopar stuff, but all I saw was 60's-up. The yard really isn't that big, covers maybe 8 acres. It looked like the chunk of land as a whole was around 60 acres though, and I imagine he will have it full within the next 10-15 years.

There are two other yards within a few miles of this one. Eddie Schmidt's is unbelieveably huge, and famous all over Missouri, but he doesn't like people walking around(they call him $h!tty Schmidty nowadays :wink: ).  He claims he has lost too many Fender Flags, Badges, ornaments, etc. over the years, so he just solved the problem by banning all but a select few from walking the yard.

His yard covers at least 80 acres and every square foot of it is occupied. Even down into the woods there are Cars stuck in every nook and cranny he can find. It would be a major Job getting anything out in one piece, and the farther back you go, the older the stuff gets.

The other Yard is owned by a fellow named Mokus Pitts. His yard is probably 40-50 years old and covers around 50 acres(The backside of his yard butts against the back of Schmidty's). He has a lot of old stuff and usually lets people wander around, but its all been picked over. Not much usable stuff left and very few complete cars.

Hows that for names in Missouri? Mokus, Punky, and $h!tty. Sounds like a bunch of Hillbillies doesn't it? Mokus has a son named Chum too, he has started his own yard, but so far its actually in his Yard; like in front of, and surrounding his house :D

GPster

Enjenjo's plan for our grill/trailer call for one or two '30 or '31 Model A grill shells for the grill area. I don't think he expects marvelous and I think the bottoms can be gone. Why don't you see what you can do and we'll take up a collection. GPster

Sean

Is that the Chrome ones piled up on the trailer, or the plain metal ones?

Dave

Quote from: "Sean"No 30's Chevy cars. Punky said he mainly drags in A's because they're still easy to find. He said whenever you find the older Chevy stuff in Missouri, its usually fallen into a pile. Something about wood structure on the inside of them?

He did have a Chevy truck from the 30's and several Chevys from the 50's and 60's. Had some Mopar stuff, but all I saw was 60's-up. The yard really isn't that big, covers maybe 8 acres. It looked like the chunk of land as a whole was around 60 acres though, and I imagine he will have it full within the next 10-15 years.

There are two other yards within a few miles of this one. Eddie Schmidt's is unbelieveably huge, and famous all over Missouri, but he doesn't like people walking around(they call him $h!tty Schmidty nowadays :wink: ).  He claims he has lost too many Fender Flags, Badges, ornaments, etc. over the years, so he just solved the problem by banning all but a select few from walking the yard.

His yard covers at least 80 acres and every square foot of it is occupied. Even down into the woods there are Cars stuck in every nook and cranny he can find. It would be a major Job getting anything out in one piece, and the farther back you go, the older the stuff gets.

The other Yard is owned by a fellow named Mokus Pitts. His yard is probably 40-50 years old and covers around 50 acres(The backside of his yard butts against the back of Schmidty's). He has a lot of old stuff and usually lets people wander around, but its all been picked over. Not much usable stuff left and very few complete cars.

Hows that for names in Missouri? Mokus, Punky, and $h!tty. Sounds like a bunch of Hillbillies doesn't it? Mokus has a son named Chum too, he has started his own yard, but so far its actually in his Yard; like in front of, and surrounding his house :D

I can show you a guy about 15 miles from me in michigan that has a yard surrounding his house. Nothing too old in the yard. his kid and grand kids live in the yard in a house trailer. The last time i was there he didnt have the new deck built on the trailer house finished yet ? imagine the view. Junk musty old cars...  :roll:  I was buying 8 inch ford rears from him. My step son and i carried one out from about a half mile back. I couldnt walk for a week  :lol: He has a 70 maverick grabber with a 302 auto and posi and he is gonna fix it up some day? all the windows are gone??? Ya right sure you are............... Ill bet he still has the old mustang up there with the only thing good left is the steering box. But im not going back to get it.
I did get a vega box from him once for about 20 bucks.

Dave

GPster

The '30 and '31 are shinny, some sort of stainless I believe. The one in the picture is a '30 I think. The top/front of thr '31 shells have a separate piece that is painted and attached with tabs that are formed on the shell and bent over in slots on the painted piece. From what I remember the truck grill shells are a little different  in shape on the top/front on the inside edge that is over the radiator. How are you feeling? When do you get to go back to work? GPster

Sean

I'll try and ask him about the Grille shells sometime this week. I am going to have to go back out there anyway because about 20 people from the HAMB are wanting his phone number and I can't find it in the book.

Sean

Quote from: "GPster"How are you feeling? When do you get to go back to work? GPster

Hopefully pretty soon. I am tired of not having anything to do, and tired of losing money. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow, if I am lucky he will let me get rid of this Brace. I doubt if he lets me go back to work just yet though.

I feel a lot better as far as recovering from the Surgery(first month was pretty bad), but the Surgery didn't get rid of the problem in my leg. The numbness is just barely noticeable now, but the pain didn't go away. Doc says it can take up to a year, or sometimes never goes away. He said my Spinal Cord was scarred where it was pinched and that scarring may be what is causing the problems.

His main concern with the surgery was to keep me from getting paralyzed if I happened to get injured again in the same spot. I can live with Pain a lot better than I could live with being Paralyzed...